Software Engineering Manager at Gogo
Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Broomfield, ColoradoJob Description:
Engineering Broomfield, Colorado
Position at Gogo Business Aviation
The Gogo Business Aviation Software Manager will be responsible for the oversight of the software development and development in test team creating next generation avionics software for an embedded Linux telecommunications/data communication system
COME ON BOARD THE ENGINEERING TEAM!
How will you make a difference?
- Responsible for process and technical oversight on software development and test team.
- Responsible for oversight of development to high level requirements and low level design documentation for the system in the avionics environment. UML and use case driven design.
- performance reviews of direct reports
- Ensure compliance to our AS9100 process.
- Oversight for the following
- Software development/test milestones and deliveries
- Software development lifecycle and process improvements
- Software coding standards , code inspections, unit test coverage
- Development in C++ , knowledge and experience in scripting languages
- Automation of unit test in C++ and Perl with code coverage metrics (lcov, gcov)
- Application development in the Linux operating system
- System performance tuning and analysis
- Delegation and support of sustaining tasks/activities
- New software technologies evaluation, analysis and documentation.
- Work with Senior Management and staff to accomplish business goals, develop standards, best practices, and technical processes
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development. Responsible for your staff and their success and for the success of the group as a whole
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years experience in the telecommunications/data communications environment.
- 5+ years of management experience as a Software Engineering manager developing software in data communications, telecommunications or media server type systems.
Required experience, talents and experience
- Strong people skills
- Strong design background and a mind set for quality working in an agile process environment.
- In depth experience with Agile development methodologies
- Extensive experience designing and developing embedded data communication or telecom software systems that integrate open source from the ground up.
- Experience managing an embedded software team
- Data communications systems
- PBX systems
- Wifi access points & cellular modem technologies
- Fault management and correlation systems
- Media servers
- In-depth knowledge and experience with software design in data communication, SNMP, telecommunication network protocols and internet application technologies including HTML, XML, networking, firewall applications, web server configurations, internet application architectures based on VOIP & SIP technology and Internet security. Experience with ARINC protocols a plus.
- Excels in influencing leaders and cross functional teams
We connect the aviation industry and its travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared for a dynamic ride with people who are passionate about what they're building.
Gogo Business Aviation is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition or disability. The EEO is the law and is available here.
Gogo Business Aviation participates in E-Verify. Details in English and Spanish. Right to Work Statement in English and Spanish.