SIEM Engineer (Remote/Virtual) at Optiv
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Who we are looking for:
SIEM Engineer, MSS to work in Optiv Security's 24x7x365 Security Operations Center as a member of the Managed Security Services (MSS) team. Responsible for creation of procedures, implementation of processes and solutions across internal and client environments. Experience with SIEM or Situational Awareness is necessary. The Security Engineer will work closely with Senior Security Engineers, Senior Engineers, Solution Architects, other Security Engineers and clients to complete high profile, critical services to existing Managed Security Service clients.
How you'll make an impact:
- Serve as a primary responder for Managed Security customer systems, taking ownership of client configuration issues and tracking through resolution.
- Act as a point of escalation for other Engineers (Associate Engineer) and provide guidance and mentoring.
- Advise best practice on SIEM and Enterprise Security products to both technical and relatively non-technical personnel.
- Provide remote consulting services via interactive client sessions to assist with implementation of multiple product vendors and technologies.
- Implement and configure SIEM software and appliance-based products in large enterprise and Government environments.
- Develop and maintain content and reporting.
- Provide escalation support to Tier 1 and 2 for Authorized Support Customers, following processes and interacting appropriately with both customers and partners when required.
- Perform knowledge transfers to clients regarding security and system configuration awareness.
Qualifications for success:
- 2-3 years professional experience maintaining SIEM or infrastructure systems in the Information Security field
- 2-3 years professional experience working in a technical team environment.
- College degree or equivalent training with experience working in a Security Operations Center, Managed Security, or client network environment.
- Experience with various SIEM security products such as: ArcSight, QRadar, Nitro, Splunk, LogRhythm and infrastructure components such as proxies, firewalls, IDS/IPS, DLP etc.
- Understanding of network architecture and implementation is a must; ideal candidate will have worked with network security analysis.
- Experience working with Internal and client Ticketing and Knowledge Base Systems for Incident and Problem tracking as well as procedures. (i.e. Jira, Confluence, etc.).
- General security knowledge (GIAC, CISSP, CCSE, CISA, HBSS, NSA, CEH, Cisco Security, Security +, or other security certifications).
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- An understanding of a wide array of server grade applications such as: DBMS, Exchange, DNS, SMTP, IIS, Apache, SharePoint, Active Directory, Identity Management, Patch Management, LDAP, SQL, and others.
- Training and experience in one or more non-SIEM network security products to include: Enterprise endpoint security products, Network components such as Firewalls and Proxies to include Palo Alto / Checkpoint / Juniper / McAfee / Cisco / Blue Coat / Imperva or other similar network security products.
- CCNA, CCDA, CCSA, CCIE, CISSP, CEH, or MCSE.
- Familiarity with DevOps
- Professional experience working with networks and network architecture.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why you'll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! Optiv is the largest pure-play cyber security provider in North America. We have served more than 12,000 clients of various sizes across multiple industries, we offer an extensive geographic footprint, and have premium partnerships with more than 350 of the leading security product manufacturers. For more information, visit www.optiv.com .
With Optiv you can expect:
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- Competitive total rewards program
- Professional training opportunities
- Engaging and fun culture
- Opportunity to work with industry leading, talented peers