CLIN SOCIAL WORKER at Yale New Haven Health
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Haven, Connecticut
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Clinical Social Worker I is a licensed experienced professional who is the clinical expert in the assessment and treatment of pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric, and dual diagnosed patients/families in a variety of inpatient and outpatient settings in the Yale New Haven Hospital network. As the clinical expert the scope of practice includes but is not limited to diagnostic assessment, counseling, psychotherapy, brief treatment, behavior modification, mental health consultation, teaching/mentoring, projects/task force, inservice/lecture, article/paper, significant clinical practice enhancement, participation in research, and mentor/supervise students. Theh clinical social worker will report to the Manager of Social Work and work collaborateively with members of the health care teams throughout the organization.
* 1. Licensed Social Work Clinical Practice
* 1.1 Develop a comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment responsive to the Neonatal, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric, and Dual Diagnosed patients/families/staff needs and concerns.
* 2. Professional Development
* 2.1 Maintain and enhance knowledge of the Neonatal, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric populations through educational opportunities and meet expectations set forth by Hospital and departmental standards.
* 3. Accountability
* 3.1 Accountable for following hospital policy and procedures, NASW Code of ethics, and any other Hospital, governmental and/or regulatory policies, rules or regulations.
Master's Degree from an accredited school of social work.
Qualifying social work experience for licensure consists of a minimum of 3,000 hours of post-masters social work.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) from the State of Connecticut, or those holding licenses from other states, will need an 'endorsement' and meet the State of Connecticut license requirements.,
Ability to perform independently and provide clinical practice in a health care setting. Computer experience and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and data entry systems.
LCSW OR LMSW ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. POSITION LEVEL/COMPENSATION COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE.