TRANSFER FACILITATOR at Yale New Haven Health
Posted in Other 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Haven, Connecticut
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the general supervision of the Senior Bed Manager, Bed Management, facilitates transfer requests from referring physicians, including direct admissions. Works closely with Clinical Bed Managers, Off Shift Administrators, Attending Physician Staff, Inpatient Bed Resources, and Referring Physicians to expedite transfer admissions and direct admissions to YNHH. Provides the framework, coordination, and direction for the systemic monitoring of transfers and direct admissions. Has responsibility and accountability for improving the quality and efficiency of the transfer process and the satisfaction of internal and external customers. Provides patient triage expertise and clinical terminology knowledge necessary to connect the Referring Physician with the appropriate Attending Physician. Must remain calm while working in stressful situations. Must remain focused while assuming a leadership role inherent in carrying out the functions of this position. Must be a confident individual who can accept the challenge and high degree of responsibility entailed in this position
* 1. Patient Throughput
* 1.1 Obtains comprehensive and pertinent medical history and accurate patient demographics from referring physicians/institutions
* 2. Customer Service
* 2.1 Develops effective relationships with all nursing unit clinical and support staff to facilitate communication and enhance patient flow/bed placement.
* 3. Census Verification
* 3.1 Documents all bed activity to assist in the compilation of the midnight census for distribution within the hospital to support hospital wide budget and financial goals.
* 4. Resource Management
* 4.1 Maintains strong working knowledge of all applicable computer systems that will affect and support bed placement activities.
* 5. Supports Organizational and Departmental Goals
* 5.1 Participates in designated PFAS work-groups to support team building and communication enhancements within the area.
Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
At least five (5) years of experience including clinical practice with demonstrated leadership experience.
Must have successfully completed an approved paramedic curriculum with achievement of passing scores on written and practical certification examinations.
Outstanding communication and facilitation skills.