Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Operations and Tech Services
Aon is looking for a Operations Specialist ll.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our National Flood Services business group within Aon Affinity, in Overland Park, KS.
As an Operations Specialist ll you will report directly to the Operations Manager.
* Understand and apply complex National Flood Insurance Program rules and regulations to individual flood insurance policies.
* Process all insurance agent inquiries which may include:
* Applications, endorsements, cancellations, quotes, renewals, reforms, and written inquiries.
* Correct policies using knowledge of underwriting components including but not limited to:
* Elevation certificates; zone determinations; refunds; agent commissions; community numbers and discounts; emergency programs; severe repetitive loss; preferred risk properties; grandfathering; pre-firm; post-firm; condos; rollovers; map revisions; policy date rules; disaster assistance; review of photographs; building foundations.
* Process flood insurance policies using technical systems such as the iSeries, Nautilus, FloodPro website, FloodConnect website, FEMA website, public records, and report queries.
* Determine the credibility of certain legal documents, loan closing documents, condominium bylaws, and replacement cost documents, National Flood Insurance Program maps, and elevation data.
* Gather information to determine if the policy rating is correct or if a discrepancy is evident.
* Communicate complex technical information to agents, surveyors using written and/or verbal communication.
* Meet minimum performance standards determined by Key Performance Indicators.
* Support a tier based phone support system answering calls from agents, insured s, and lending institutions.
* Exhibit superior telephone service skills to control the call, build customer rapport, and address questions regarding complex NFIP rules and regulations.
* Accountable for first time final completion of same day customer requests.
Additional, Non-essential Duties:
* Provide training and effectively communicate information within the department as well as to the Training Department regarding trainee progress.Work independently with moderate supervision as well as within a team environment.
* Maintain an established level of productivity using time management techniques.
* Able to shift between priorities as needed throughout the workday.
* Adherence to schedule provided by management which may include specific start and stop times, breaks and lunches to best service our customers.
Required Skills and Experience:
Job Related Experience:
* 1+ years of flood insurance processing
* Customer Service experience including verbal/telephone skills.
* Insurance industry experience required.
Skills and Abilities:
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with attention to detail.
* Ability to maintain and display a positive attitude at all times, supporting business needs and changes.
* Ability to work with frequent and multiple policy, procedure, and regulation changes.
* Proficiency at keying alpha and numeric information with accuracy and speed.
* Knowledge of basic equipment functions, such as how to create and maintain files, printing, copying, faxing, phone messaging and voicemail.
* Specific knowledge and training on the more complex underwriting processes including but not limited to rate quoting, new business policy issuance and policy endorsements requiring the application of elevation certificates.
Hours are either 8:00 5:00 pm or 8:30 to 5:00 pm
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent. College Degree preferred.
Aon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We ensure that equal opportunity is given to qualified individuals in recruiting, hiring, training and development, promotion, compensation practices, and all other employment opportunities. Aon prohibits discrimination based on an individual's sex, color, race, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics or conduct. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans, and other covered veterans.