Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Columbus, Ohio
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Business Service Center Lead is responsible for accounting transaction processing, report processing and other general accounting for the Business Services and Outsourcing group. The Lead will train BSC Specialists and serve as the main point of contact for day-to-day questions from the Specialists. The Lead will also assist in identifying, developing, implementing and supporting continual process improvements within Business Service.
- GED required; Associate s degree or Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field preferred
- Five or more years of experience performing general accounting transactions and functions required
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Prior experience in Procurement to Pay (accounts payable), Record to Report (general ledger maintenance and data entry), and/or Order to Cash (accounts receivable) preferred
- Pursuing or passed the CPA certification exam preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word required
- Experience utilizing industry standard accounting software such as Microsoft NAV or QuickBooks Online preferred
- Exposure to assurance applications and research tools highly desired
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and basic research skills
- Solid organizational skills especially the ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm as well as build and maintain strong relationships with client personnel
- Intermediate knowledge of fundamental accounting principles, finance, tax and investment principles
- Capability to effectively guide a team of professionals and delegating work assignments as needed
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability