Summer 2018 Intern, Software Development Meshing at ANSYS
Posted in Other 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
Summer 2018 Intern, Software Development - Meshing
Evanston, IL or Canonsburg, PA
ANSYS believes in developing our future engineers and technologists. We offer an enriching internship program for graduate students currently enrolled full-time in a four-year college or university.
The Meshing Development Unit (MDU) is seeking a Software Development Intern for advanced 3D meshing algorithm development. The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for design, development, and evolution of meshing technologies. This 40-hour per week paid internship will start May 2018 and conclude in August 2018.
* Design, create, review, maintain and extend surface meshing and topological graph algorithms.
* Work efficiently in complex mixed language code base, written in C/C++, on Windows and Linux.
* Improve speed and memory performance of software for generating large scale meshes on complex real-world geometries.
* Participate in and collaborate with other development, documentation, and testing professionals in all phases of the software development life cycle.
* Coordinate with and assist other product creation teams and customer support representatives involved in meshing large, complex geometries.
* Pursuing a MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
* Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
* Experience with 3D mesh generation, computational geometry, and/or computer graphics algorithm development experience with strong skills in unstructured surface mesh generation
* A strong drive to advance the state of the art in automating the industrial large-scale mesh generation
* Solid demonstrated experience with C / C++
* Sharp and tenacious problem solving skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Team player, responsible, and motivated
* Experience in distributed and shared memory parallel computing
* Experience with Varanoi patterns, topology graph operations, virtual topology is a plus
* Experience scripting language like Python
Did you know? You can download our software for free by visiting:
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.