Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
First American Title Insurance Company, the largest subsidiary of First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), traces its history to 1889. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, the company offers title services through its direct operations and an extensive network of agents throughout the United States and abroad. First American Title provides comprehensive title insurance coverage and professional services for purchases, construction, refinances, or equity loans. The company s thorough searches, title clearance, and insurance help to produce clear property titles and enable the efficient transfer of real estate. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
Do you have a knack for helping others and strong attention to detail? First American is embarking on an exciting Seasonal hiring journey! We are looking for individuals that share our passion to help others on a seasonal basis during APRIL THROUGH SEPTEMBER to accommodate our peak season.
Seasonal employees work up to 6 months out of a year in a rewarding and supportive environment and have 6 months off to recharge for the next season!
Whether you are semi-retired, a stay at home parent, have time off from your other job or would just enjoy having flexibility to enjoy life AND want a fulfilling career with a company that values YOU First American is the place for you! When you complete your first season, we will be anxious to see you again for the next! Don t miss out on being part of one of Fortune s 10 Best Workplaces in Insurance!!!
* Performs secretarial and clerical duties to assist in the gathering of information and handling of funds for escrow closings
* Answers phones, greets customers, places calls and writes for various information needed for escrow closings
* Process opening orders, initial file set up, deposit and distribution of funds, written transmittals for funds and documents, handling reconveyances, preclosing maintenance and post-closing follow up on assigned files
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS/TECHNOLOGY USED
* Strong customer service orientation
* Detail orientation
* Excellent verbal communication
* Problem solving skills
* Strong organizational skills
* High School diploma or equivalent
TYPICAL RANGE OF EXPERIENCE
* Entry- level position that requires experience dealing with the general public or office environment for one year.
First American invests in its employee s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers..