Mortgage Loan Closer at First American
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Santa Ana, California
First American Title's Mortgage Solutions division is a member of the First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) family of companies. First American traces its history to 1889 and was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016 and 2017. The Mortgage Solutions division provides title insurance settlement services, signing services, portfolio analytics, retention and acquisition services; property valuations; and default solutions for the mortgage banking industry. In fact, Mortgage Solutions works with a multitude of people across the entire origination, servicing and default continuum, and has helped close millions of real estate transactions nationwide. For more information, visit www.firstam.com/mortgagesolutions/
Provides support to Escrow department by assisting with customer service and administrative duties related to escrow closings
* Audits the loan file, confirms all conditions are satisfied and lender guidelines met
* Prepares and discloses the Closing Disclosure to borrowers
* Collaborates with the title company to balance the final closing disclosure figures
* Draws closing documents and sends to the title company
* Works heavily with processing and loan officers to ensure closing documents and disclosure figures are accurate and within guidelines
* CANDIDATES MUST-HAVE STRONG PIPELINE MANAGEMENT SKILLS
SUPERVISION RECEIVED OR EXTENDED
* Limited supervision
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear.
* The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS/TECHNOLOGY USED
* TRID/Closing Disclosure Knowledge/Experience
* Strong customer service skills
* Detail oriented
* Excellent verbal communication
* Problem solving skills
* Strong organizational skills
* High School diploma or equivalent
TYPICAL RANGE OF EXPERIENCE
* 1- 2 years experience as a Mortgage Loan Closer or a minimum of 3 years experience in a real estate or title field with emphasis on lending/mortgage loan closing
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers..