Senior IT Systems Administrator at First American
Posted in Other 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Santa Ana, California
First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) operates through its family of companies to help people achieve and protect their dream of homeownership. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016 and 2017. With experience dating back to 1889, First American is a leading provider of title insurance protection and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage industries. More information about the company can be found at www.firstam.com
The IT Systems Administrator role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, patching, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The IT Systems Administrator will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
* Receives work assignments through the ticketing system or from, Lead Administrators or management.
* Performs server hardware/software installation and maintenance tasks. These tasks range from standard in nature to complex.
* Installs and maintains infrastructure management tools.
* Provides advanced problem identification and resolution support services as well as performance monitoring and capacity planning support.
* Plays a principal role in the development and implementation of departmental workflow automation processes and procedures.
* A point of contact for internal and external customers, providing technical guidance and support for server/storage service offerings.
* Key contributor with technical evaluations and proof of concept programs as it relates to evaluating and implementing new technologies and tools.
* Required to provide on-call support during off-duty hours on weekdays, weekends and holidays on a scheduled/rotating basis.
Windows Server Administrators:
* Microsoft Windows operating systems and associated components with proficiency in installation, maintenance and operational support in large scale enterprise environments.
* Basic working knowledge of VMware and Hyper-V, or Citrix virtualization technologies.
* Good working knowledge of Storage Area Networks with proficiency in storage administration and management support in a large scale enterprise environment.
* Performs server hardware/software installation for on-premise infrastructure.
* Perform upgrades, configuration maintenance, and repairs of system hardware and firmware
* Strong knowledge of Wintel Server Hardware Support
* Strong knowledge and administration of HP Hardware, Cisco UCS
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2012/2016 Server OS
* Advanced knowledge and administration of System Center, HP One View
Miscellaneous Technical Skills:
* Good analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot infrastructure problems specific to their area of technical expertise.
* Working knowledge of scripting languages or other tools to enable workflow automation.
* Working knowledge of infrastructure management tools specific to their area of technical expertise.
* Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work assignments.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work as a member of a multi-cultural, multi-location team.
* Generally requires BS Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
TYPICAL RANGE OF EXPERIENCE
* 5+ years of hands-on technical experience supporting some combination of X86 server, storage or networking infrastructure.
* 5+ years working with virtualization technologies such as VMware, Citrix, or Hyper-V.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION
* Desired Certifications:
* Microsoft Windows operating system
* Storage Area Networking
* Infrastructure Management Tools
* Vmware, Citrix, or Hyper-V virtualization technologies
First American invests in its employee s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers..