Recruiter at First American
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Santa Ana, California
First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) operates through its family of companies to help people achieve and protect their dream of homeownership. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016 and 2017. With experience dating back to 1889, First American is a leading provider of title insurance protection and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage industries. More information about the company can be found at www.firstam.com
* Works with hiring managers to fill open requisitions for a wide range of non-exempt, professional and management positions.
* Works with manager, develops talent acquisition strategy, including determining best avenue for talent acquisition (e.g., advertising, direct sourcing, employee referrals, research organizations, employment agencies, job fairs, and college recruiting).
* Coaches and supports development of hiring manager in interview, recruitment, and employment system processes.
* Manages and participates in requisition flow and applicant screening process. Summarizes results of screening and make recommendations to hiring managers on candidates.
* Reviews external workforce factors and market trends in order to effectively change talent acquisition strategies to quickly respond to market demands.
* Provides management up- to-date recruiting status activity on regular basis. Maintains job postings, applicant files, appropriate records and updates Applicant Tracking System (ATS) when necessary.
* Provides offer recommendations and participates in the offer negotiation process.
* Reviews and makes recommendations to improve hiring manager satisfaction while ensuring legal compliance.
* Ensures corporate programs are adhered to and provides guidance to management to ensure compliance with all talent acquisition programs.
* Participates in job fairs and college recruiting events: coordinates event, collects and sets up materials, researches and recommends giveaways, and interacts with candidates. May participate in creating marketing materials and advertisements.
* Screen applicants using behavioral interviewing and emotional intelligence questions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS/TECHNOLOGY USED
* Knowledge of MS Office Suite, HRIS/AT systems and web based applications
* Investigative/research skills for sourcing candidates and learning about jobs and technologies for assigned client group
* Written and verbal skills
* Organizational and follow up skills
* Negotiation skills
* Public relations skills to represent the Company at job fairs, colleges, recruiting meetings/events, and to candidates
* BA/BS or equivalent work experience.
TYPICAL RANGE OF EXPERIENCE
* Generally 2+ years of related work experience
First American invests in its employee s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers..