Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining large industrial textile processing equipment, as well as facility maintenance. Tasks include start-up and shut-down procedures, electrical troubleshooting, maintaining and operating boilers, welding and cutting, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, and other systems. This position reports to the Chief Engineer.
- Installs, repairs and performs preventative maintenance on industrial processing equipment, water levels, water systems and other equipment and systems.
- Troubleshoots electrical issues.
- Responds to daily maintenance requests in a timely fashion to minimize equipment downtime.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment.
- Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments.
- Looks for opportunities to continually improve maintenance processes.
- Works with all plant personnel in a cooperative and professional manner.
- Strictly adheres to all safety rules, policies and procedures required by Alsco, law, and what is recognized as common practice in the industry.
- Ensures work is performed safely and efficiently.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing technical publications. Remains current on equipment and repair procedures and best practices.
- Studies blueprints and manufacturers manuals to determine correct operation of machinery.
- Proficient in reading electrical schematics.
- Maintains accurate and timely records of maintenance performed.
- Follows written and verbal instructions and performs other tasks as directed by supervision.
- Complies with all Federal, State and local laws.
- May work with and support other branch personnel as required by supervision.
- Drive and pick up parts, transport equipment, parts, etc.
- Have and maintain a valid drivers license and driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding or other safety violations.
- Minimum of two years maintenance engineering experience with specific knowledge of machinery, electricity, electronics, plumbing, hydraulics, pneumatics, welder and boiler applications.
- Proficient in the proper use of power and hand tools.
- Strong electrical troubleshooting ability of 3 phase 230 volt systems.
- PLC programming experience.
- Experience in carpentry, boiler repair, welding, and general facility repairs.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend and follow direction, perform basic math, good time management
- Must be a team player with enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work well done; self-starter dedicated to continual quality improvement.
- High school graduate or equivalency preferred.
See full details at www.careers.alsco.com
Alsco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer