Sr Production Technician at ENSCO, Inc.
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Springfield, Virginia
ENSCO Inc. specializes in providing high-speed, real-time track inspection systems to the rail industry and we are seeking a skilled production technician to assemble and test electro-mechanical inertial and optical based data acquisition systems.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assemble, test, debug and repair electrical and electronic components and systems and will include setup of local area networks within a system.
- Laboratory testing and calibration of production systems prior to delivery
- Installation, calibration and testing of track inspection systems, including the software installation and configuration for these systems.
- Assembly and calibration of mechanical systems.
Qualifications Required (Skills)
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of experience (or relevant BS or equivalent and 2 years of experience) in the assembly and test of industrial electronic components, PC Boards, cables and electrical panel assemblies.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical assembly drawings.
- Excellent soldering, wiring and assembly skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use multi-meters and other electrical test equipment.
- Ability to travel to customer sites to assist with equipment installation (up to 25% travel)
- Ability to safely climb a 15 foot high ladder to gain access to railroad vehicles.*
- Ability to work in tight spots, under and about railway vehicles.*
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts as necessary when on field assignments.*
- Ability to work in inclement weather as needed.*
- Must be able to lift 50 pound objects and carry them a distance of 150 feet.*
The selected candidate may be required to submit to fingerprinting, drug screening, and additional background investigations in connection with this position.
Wearing safety equipment (hardhat, steel-toe boots, protective vest and protective eye glasses) when working on railroad properties is also a requirement. ENSCO will provide all necessary safety equipment.
General Education/Years of Experience
min 5-7 yrs exp; or BS or equiv w 2 yrs exp
Security Clearance Level
Drug Screen Type
Export Control and Licensing
This position may involve access to technology or technical data that is controlled under U.S. export control laws and regulations and the release of which to a foreign national may require an export license from the U.S. Government.
Background Check Type
- Technical training and certification in soldering electric components.
- Experience in setting up and debugging local area networks.
- Experience with installing and setting up software, which will include QNX and Windows operating systems.- Mechanical assembly experience, including a solid understanding of bolted connections and the typical arrangement of hardware within a bolted connection.
- Railway experience.
- Experience with optical and inertial sensors.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 manufacturing environment.
Applied Technology and Engineering Division
The Applied Technology and Engineering (ATE) Division is located in Springfield, Va. The ATE Division is the rail industry s source for high-speed and intercity rail safety, track inspection systems, track inspection services, vehicle evaluation testing, rail asset management, and rail security.
ATE employees bring together decades of experience and the latest technologies, including laser scanners, real-time signal processing, machine vision, GPS/inertial navigation, wireless communication, and Web data management. The result is efficient, effective products and services that meet the precise needs of the rail community.
The ATE Division s extensive background in research and development, rail and vehicle inspection, and asset management makes ENSCO uniquely qualified to not only provide a solution the challenge at hand, but to integrate the solution with other legacy systems already in place.
Key customers include the Federal Railroad Administration, U.S. commercial rail organizations, and government agencies abroad..
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.