Practice Assistant at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Needham, Massachusetts
DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Needham (BID Needham) is a licensed 58 bed acute care hospital offering the same care as our direct affiliate Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) in your community.
This close affiliation with BIDMC, since 2000, has facilitated the clinical integration of staff and resources in emergency medicine, hospital medicine (hospitalists), cardiology, radiology, orthopaedics, general surgery, pathology and oncology. Physicians in Needham maintain very close relationships with the staff at BIDMC; so in cases where patients need to be transferred from Needham to Boston for more advanced care, there are systems in place to make that transition happen quickly.
JOB LOCATION: Needham, MA
REQ ID: 24277BR
JOB SUMMARY: The Practice Assistant encompasses both adminstrative support and medical assistant support to the spine, hand and neurology clinics. This position is responsible for delivering the highest quality service to patients while contributing to the smooth functioning of practice operations including some or all of the following responsibilities:
Check in, scheduling, cashiering, referral management, and billing.
Health assisting, exam room management, as well as other clinical assisting duties assigned by manager.
Phone and chart management.
Requires problem-solving skills, a positive approach to teamwork, strong communication skills, the ability to handle multiple priorities, attention to detail and a focus on customer service.
Assists in maintaining an organized, clean and professional physical environment in the clinic.
Acts as a liaison between patients, referring physicians, other hospital services, external customers and the physicians.
Assists with the patient preparation for patient's office visit and ensures the highest quality care of care for patients seen in the Hand, Neurology and Spine, by supporting the physicians and by supporting the operational needs of the department.
Performs other responsibilities, related or unrelated, as needed.
* Acts as a liaison between patients, referring physicians, other hospital services, external customers and the physicians.
* Patient scheduling, check in, patient follow-up, phone call management, billing, medical records, and other administrative activities such as supply management and correspondence.
* Ensures the effectiveness of the clinic operations and maintains a professional appearance and environment.
* Ensures that patient's needs are met. Responds to patient inquiries and resolves issues by working with providers and staff in a professional manner. Ensures patient satisfaction is a priority.
* Assist with chart preparation in advance of patients' visits, in collaboration with co-workers.
* High School diploma or GED required.
* Certificate 1 Medical Assistant Certificate preferred.
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Meditech and Caretaker software experience.
* One year of Medical Assistant experience.
* One year of medical clerical support experience.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
* Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.