Director-Care Model Development and Implementation at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Needham, Massachusetts
DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare is a network of more than 100 highly-skilled primary care physicians and specialists who are affiliated with the renowned Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth. Our Central Office is located in Needham, MA.
JOB LOCATION: Needham, MA
REQ ID: 24169BR
JOB SUMMARY: Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare (BIDHC) is building a high performance primary care model that will enable the organization to be a leader in patient experience, provider and care team work life and quality of care both regionally and nationally. Critical to our success is the ability to develop new approaches to care delivery that will enable us to meet our organizational goals and particularly to leverage the growth of payment for value contracts to allow our care teams to proactively improve the health of our patient populations. Developing new approaches to care delivery requires an organizational commitment to implementing and fostering an innovation and process improvement framework that will be a core functional discipline in the transformation that is already underway and will come in the future.
The Director of Care Model Development and Implementation reports to the BIDHC Chief Medical Officer and will lead the development, implementation and management of this core function. The Director will oversee innovation and process improvement in the area of care model development that will be aligned with BIDHC's highest priority clinical goals and will engage members of the BIDHC central and practice based teams in cross-functional collaboration to design and implement new approaches to care delivery.
* Lead the development of an innovation and process improvement framework and associated competencies that will enable strategic innovation across BIDHC. Promote, support and leverage innovation happening within our primary care practices to accelerate the translation of learning across the BIDHC organization.
* Provide oversight of the Standard Work Committee which works to create best practice approach and protocols in high priority areas of clinical operations across BIDHC. Lead BIDHC efforts manage the tension between the need for standardization of best practices and the ongoing need for improvement and innovation. Determine the need for some variation in clinical care across practices and regions.
* Develop a care model that enables BIDHC to continuously improve performance across the `quintuple aim' of patient experience, provider and care team experience, quality, cost and sustainability of the business.
* Collaborate closely with the BIDHC Population Management Team. The Director will support the efforts of this team in the ongoing development of the BIDHC population health model.
* Develop a care model that will enable BIDHC to perform well in value-based payment models with a particular focus on capitated and risk contracts in which we participate as part of our ACO.
* Has the authority to direct and support managers with functional area responsibilities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 4-6 Indirect Reports: 11-20
* Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing department budget.
* Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
* 8-10 years related work experience required and 3-5 years supervisory/management experience required
* Leadership and negotiation skills required to engage staff in cross-functional collaboration.
* Experience designing and implementing new programs.
* Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
* Prior innovation and process improvement experience in the area of care model development.
* Prior experience with standardization of best practices.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a major department or multiple departments. Participates in decisions on overall strategy and direction of the organization.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
* Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally