Senior Systems Engineer at Emerson Electric Co
Posted in Management 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
DescriptionThis position is for a Teamcenter Manufacturing (TcMfg) Systems Engineer - Senior to support the development of TcMfg Technology and production support. This role will understand manufacturing business processes and map to technology solutions that deliver value within the organization. Key areas of responsibility will be Manufacturing Re-Use Library, Electronic Work Instructions, and Tc Visualization, but will also be involved in other areas of TcMfg adoption including simulations. This role will support the advancement of the business group's digital footprint as it relates to TcMfg and will work within Engineering-IT, interfacing with Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, Product Design, and Operations. Responsibilities
- Lead Teamcenter Manufacturing projects by aligning business processes, developing solutions, leading proofs of concept, and piloting the Teamcenter Manufacturing technology as it pertains to manufacturing use cases.
- Lead the development and drive business adoption of Manufacturing's Re-Use library.
- Establish a training program as it pertains to Teamcenter Manufacturing by creating training collateral as well as holding user training sessions, both remotely and in person.
- Empower Teamcenter Visualization technology aligning to business needs by evaluating, testing, and developing use cases to enable business adoption.
- Support the roll-out of Electronic Work Instructions by aligning to customer (Operations) requirements and continuing the advancement of the technology.
- Assist in the efforts on Manufacturing simulation technologies (Plant, Process, and Human) and Manufacturing Process Planner (MPP) toolsets.
- Front-end user support of Teamcenter, where needed.
- Participate in Siemens technical review sessions/events.
- Travel: Up to 10%
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT plus 5 years' experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered (such as Associates degree plus equivalent experience).
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes with the ability to bridge the experience with Engineering-IT solutions.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries and breaking down business cultural barriers.
- Strong interpersonal skills needed. Has the ability to communicate well, both written and orally, and to make effective large group presentations. Has the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, from executives to plant personnel.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities with commitment to deadline.
- Prefer a background in Teamcenter applications with two (2) years related experience.
- Lean & Six Sigma skills.
- Good understanding of BOMs and usage within an engineering system.
- 3D CAD manufacturing design experience is a huge plus.
- Background and experience with IT infrastructure and business system architecture would be helpful.
- Masters in Engineering, or related.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.