Defined Benefits Manager, Retirement Operations at Prudential
Posted in Admin - Clerical 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Prudential Retirement is seeking an individual to lead a Defined Benefits Technical team. The leader of this team will be responsible for installation and maintenance programming of Full Service Defined Benefit pension plans. In this role the leader would be supporting and executing on the strategic direction for our product, services and end to end administrative capabilities. Through influence and collaboration with functional partners and business stakeholders this individual will ensure optimal customer outcomes with a focus on transactional activities such as on-boarding, record-keeping, benefit calculations and claims processing.
As a key member of the team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the strategic planning, prioritization and day-to-day oversight of a team of approximately 6-10 associates. The leader must be able to maintain or improve service delivery levels while helping to design a future service model. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for coordinating business requirements, resource allocation and team development.
- Develop strategic plans, annual operating plans and business forecasts while working with the broader management team to meet all Prudential Retirement goals.
- Partner with cross functional teams with accountability for results.
- Establish and implement an organizational design that drives optimal service experience for internal and external customers.
- Prioritize and deliver critical assignments simultaneously while managing resources and tasks to deliver quality and timely outcomes in a high production environment.
- Establish, implement, monitor and report metrics to evaluate effectiveness, efficiency and overall performance.
- Understands and governs activity based on strategic initiatives issues as well as project details or tactical perspective.
- Identifies cost drivers and defines ideas for operational improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 7-10 years of operations and administrative services experience, preferably in Defined Benefits
- 5 -7 years Retirement industry knowledge
- 3+ years management experience preferred
- Experience with ProAdmin (or similar calculation tools)
- Understands Actuarial Concepts
- Proficient in plan document interpretation and Regulations
- Strong experience with Defined Benefit Calculations
- Ability to understand complex guidelines and determine impact on serviceability
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Actuarial Exams a plus
- Customer focused and results orientated; Solid experience driving results.
- Demonstrated skills in influencing, negotiating and creative problem solving.
- Must be flexible, self motivated and self learner.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effective communicate with internal and external parties.
- Clear focus on the client experience and commitment to client satisfaction