Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Wyoming, Michigan
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. Here\'s a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. Gordon Food Service At a Glance There\'s a seat at our table for you..
\\"My mentors were there for me every day if I needed help with any day-to-day tasks, but they also shared a ton of wisdom on future life and career advice...\\"
2017 intern -- Sales Support
The Internship program at Gordon Food Service is a Paid 13-week summer program designed to provide a learning experience outside of the classroom to high potential students with interest in our company. We value this opportunity to deepen relationships across the company, community, and university environments, while also bringing new ideas and talent to our teams. The internship experience at GFS includes Individual projects, mentoring, intern events, final presentations and evaluations.
As an Intern at Gordon Food Service you, under general supervision, will perform support tasks as directed involving administering a specialized program or performing a specialized assignment in a specific department.
Our talented Accounting team members are known for their high standards of productivity, attention to detail, and valuable team partnerships to achieve the best results. As an intern for our Accounting Team you would have the opportunity to work with several types of projects to support the Financial Reporting and Planning team along with the Capital Assests team. Several assignments are available within these departments, including support of the general ledger closing cycle, fixed asset management, financial statement reporting, and projects requiring financial knowledge.
Over the course of the summer, you can expect to:
* Apply and monitor compliance with corporate financial policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
* Ensure a high level of integrity is maintained within the general ledger and financial statements.
* Participates in month-end, quarter-end and year-end general ledger closing cycle and financial statement preparation and account reconciliations.
* Compile and analyze financial information to prepare journal entries.
* Participate in invoice approvals, disposals, transfers and setup of assets in our sub-ledger system
* Prepare and organizes data for audit
Program requirements and qualifications:
* Must have at least one semester or more left of school to complete at the beginning of the internship (a senior who has already graduated will not be considered for an internship)
* Graduation date between December 2018 and August 2019
* Must be enrolled in a Bachelor program in Accounting or a related field
* Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher; Transcript (unofficial is acceptable) required upon submission of application; please upload to your candidate file)
* Must have good working knowledge of Excel
* Knowledge of all accounting cycles including accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets and internal control procedures
* Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Track record of contributing to your team's success
* Students with the ability to work during the following fall semester will be given priority
* Candidates must also demonstrate efforts to continuously improve, exhibit enthusiasm, high expectations of self, initiative, openness, optimism, teamwork, trustworthiness and willingness to invest the time and energy to be successful
Beyond some great experience to add to your resume, we can offer you:
* Competitive pay --- get paid while you learn!
* 401(k) match*
* Relocation assistance if your home and school are both outside West Michigan*
* Networking opportunities, inside and outside of Gordon Food Service
* Exposure to our unique culture -- use your internship to learn what's important to you.
*Must meet eligibility requirements to participate
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Click here for more details.
Want to Learn More About Gordon Food Service? Check Us Out:
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words \\"Accommodation Request\\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug free workplace and drug tests all employees.