Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Wyoming, Michigan
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. Here's a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. Gordon Food Service At a Glance There's a seat at our table for you..
Come help our Marketing Teams champion a \\"Customer is King\\" environment...
and see why we set the bar for customer satisfaction in the food service industry! Our Marketing teams support our sales force and our food service customers with digital tools and content, events to educate and inform, Creative ideation and development, distinctive products and brands, and consultative expertise on both business operations and culinary trends.
We are seeking a Category Analyst for our Table Top & Disposable Category Team! This position will focus on high touch interactions to supports key stakeholders on the national category team, regional merchandising teams, and with vendors to execute strategies to achieve sales, margin, and brand goals. In addition, this role will supports and executes project management of product lifecycle process for assigned product lines, ensuring the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of relevant core product data to maximize Gordon Food Service (GFS) sales and net margin of assigned product lines. See additional details below!
Essential functions of the position:
Communication & Relationship Building
* Develops communication of relevant product and vendor information to support the divisions, procurement, supply chain, quality assurance, brands and other departments as appropriate.
* Maintains vendor relationships through regular communication and Vendor Business Reviews.
* Collaborates with MSC and Divisional peers to resolve issues and share ideas.
Category & Vendor Management
* Provides support and recommendations in the development of strategies, providing insight to achieve volume and margin targets in support of segmented customer and brand marketing plans.
* Approves new product setup and executes introduction, conversion, and discontinuance resulting from Competitive Market Review process.
* Assists the Category Manager in developing product marketing tools and tactics in collaboration with the Brands, Marketing Communications and Divisions.
* Executes all aspects product the life-cycle management process from initial sourcing and market introduction to deletion.
* Collects, analyzes, summarizes and presents product sales and financial performance data to create recommendations and implement improvements in support of category analysis, business strategy, CMR (Competitive Market Review) preparation and vendor business reviews.
* Assists the Category Manager in supporting the corporate marketing campaigns including campaign reporting.
What we need from you?
* Marketing / Product knowledge of principles and methods for merchandising products and services. Knowledge of product and marketing segments.
* Self Management - Must have good time management and organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to complete assign work on time and on budget. Must be results oriented and have excellent team skills.
* Business Acumen - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
* Data Analysis / Analytics Skills - Proficiency in analyzing information; able to use analytics and associated tools (e.g., Excel, Access) in creative ways to tell the product story, garner buy-in, provide insights and to support decision-making.
* The ability to travel (10%-30% of the time; including overnight travel).
Leading candidates will have:
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing preferred.
* Three to five years of product/ category knowledge and previous business analytics experience or a combination of applicable on-the-job experience and education, or an internship.
* Proficiency with MS Excel (i.e. VLookups, Pivot Tables, formulas, etc).
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Click here for more details.
Want to Learn More About Gordon Food Service? Check Us Out:
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words \\"Accommodation Request\\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug free workplace and drug tests all employees.