Systems Administrator II at Henry Schein
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Carlsbad, California
Come Join our Team! Looking for an organized self starter who is customer focused and can prioritize customer requests with a sense of urgency.
Henry Schein Orthodontics, is a leading U.S. manufacturer of orthodontic products for the domestic and international orthodontic markets. Henry Schein Orthodontics provides a vast array of innovative products, services, and educational courses to help build successful practices. In the USA, our products are marketed to orthodontic practitioners through a strong direct sales force, and internationally, our products are sold in more than 85 countries through 160 distributors. We are dedicated to provide the orthodontic profession with high quality, innovative products backed by attentive customer service and educational support. At Henry Schein Orthodontics everyone is part of the team, with the same goal, to improve patient care and continue to Advance the Future of Orthodontics for generations to come.
This position is responsible for administering, monitoring and supporting server hardware platforms, operating systems, and their related products and technologies used by HSO. Recommends standards for system uptime and availability. Recommends, documents, and follows established standards for system uptime and availability. This position is also responsible for day to day infrastructure repair, and maintenance.
* Assists in troubleshooting and resolving infrastructure issues
* Develops and maintains documentation on infrastructure, software, systems, and disaster recovery methodology
* Assists in ensuring that network infrastructure is up and running
* Implements approved hardware and software
* Builds, maintains, and repairs datacenter and network infrastructure
* Trains other TSMs and junior members on using networking hardware and software as needed
* Ensures company backups are run on a regular basis and restores files as needed
* Creates and distributes reports as needed
* As assigned, administers and supports company telecommunications hardware and software and related services
* Acts as a backup for other IS team members
* Attends education and training sessions as approved and/or required
* Provide LAN troubleshooting such as server and connectivity problems along with software performance problems
* Implements system monitors for aspects of the environment to ensure uptime
* Responds to monitors to resolve issues and problems with infrastructure and servers
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required
WORK EXPERIENCE: Typically 3 to 5 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
* Good understanding of industry practice
* Proficient with tools, systems, and procedure
* Basic planning/organizational skills and techniques
* Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Good presentation and public speaking skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Basic conflict resolution skills
* Developing professional credibility
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Strong Foundation of LAN/WAN and Client/Server Concepts
* In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP
* In-depth knowledge of Windows Server 2003 through Current
* In-depth knowledge of MS Active Directory users and security
* In-depth knowledge of Group Policy configuration
* Knowledge of MS Terminal Services
* Knowledge of Firewalls and Port forwarding
* In-depth knowledge of VPN access
* Knowledge of Backup solutions and applications specifically Veeam
* Knowledge of VMWare and virtualization concepts
* Knowledge of enterprise anti-virus
* Knowledge of SQL Sever / Installation Support and Performance Tuning
* UPS Worldship experience helpful
* Experience in Manufacturing and Pick/Pack/Ship Environments Helpful
* Knowledge Desktop operating systems support (Windows) and Printer maintenance.
* Intermediate understanding of current and past Microsoft server operating systems
* Advanced understanding of core IT infrastructure and systems including but not limited to Active Directory/Group Policy, virtualization, SAN storage, and networking equipment
* Advanced ability to analyze system logs
* Intermediate understanding of best practices for introducing and integrating new technologies into an enterprise
* Ability to perform routine audits of systems and software
* Intermediate understanding of information security and best practices
* Intermediate understanding of optimizing server systems for best performance
* Maintain a level of proficiency necessary for competence in the position as identified by the department training website
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: www.henryschein.com/careers.