Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Katy, Texas
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2016 revenues of $3.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Business Group Overview:
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial ( HCI ) offers an array of electrical and electronic wiring devices, wire management systems, occupancy sensors and specialized wiring products. We re a comprehensive source of electrical boxes, fittings and enclosures for a variety of world-wide markets including harsh / hazardous location, commercial and residential markets, as well as, providing innovative solutions for high voltage power supplies and test equipment, heavy duty cable management, industrial, outdoor and hazardous location communications equipment.
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 10-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
The Manufacturing intern will learn timely planning and procurement of materials, supplies and equipment needed in support of the master production schedule. There is an emphasis on optimizing inventory and purchasing in accordance with quality specifications at the best possible price. There will also be learning opportunities for the intern regarding expediting deliveries, clarification of specifications, and planning/scheduling to meet customer requirements.
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship
* Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences.
* Comprehensive, value-added project(s).
* Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
* Develop technical skills specific to your major.
* Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
* End of summer presentation to the local management team.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Participation in production meetings and plant safety improvement events.
* Maintain and update production process documentation.
* Learn and use SAP enterprise software relating to production activities.
* Learn to take inventory cycle counts.
* Materials inspection.
* Quality Control.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Student must be a Junior or Senior actively enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor s degree in Industrial Distribution, Industrial Engineering or Procurement.
* Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.