Software Test Engineer II at Cox Automotive
Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Carmel, Indiana
The SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER II is responsible for developing manual and automated tests to support business initiatives. This Software Test Engineer will be a pivotal member of an Agile Scrum team working closely with developers, product owners, and UX to drive a successful testing strategy, and ensuring that applications conform to their requirements and quality risks are minimized
* Develop manual and automated tests to support NextGear s business initiatives as part of an agile software development team
* Determine if requirements are clear, concise, testable and meet customer expectations by participating in grooming sessions and reviewing user stories
* Interpret requirements to develop positive and negative test scenarios
* Deliver working, tested, and releasable features in each sprint
* Provide accurate estimates for test design and execution work; participate in grooming sessions
* Identify, analyze, and troubleshoot problems
* Document and communicate test results and defects
* Mentor other QA Engineers, sharing technical and business domain knowledge thereby reducing software defects
TECHNOLOGY WE USE:
* 3+ years test development experience in a manual or automated environment.
* Demonstrable experience writing manual and automated tests.
* Ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and report software defects and configuration issues
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
What We Look For:
* Ability to learn and use leading technologies
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of the organization
* Experience in teams using Agile and Scrum is preferred
* Experience API testing is a plus
ABOUT COX AUTOMOTIVE
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , VinSolutions , Xtime , incadea and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-IN-Carmel-11799 N College Ave
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.