Project Manager III - Manchester, NH at Hubbell Incorporated
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
47 East Industrial Park Drive
Manchester, NH, 03109
Reporting to the Continuous Improvement Manager, the Program Manager will be responsible for the execution of Design for Cost projects from functional handover of approved ideas from the DtV (Design to Value) Steering Committee through implementation. The individual will provide the business units and functions with engineering insight and direction regarding product design objectives and strategies derived from the DtV processes. Working in conjunction with business stakeholders and management, the Program Manager will manage and review opportunities to improve product designs and specifications to improve margin position. The individual will also contribute to the review, action, and implementation of strategic initiatives driven by or supported by the Operations team.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Engage cross functional teams in activities from project hand-off to implementation involving Business Unit Operations (Engineering, Manufacturing, Sourcing)
* Ensure DtV team priorities reflect category/brand strategic plans
* Advise project teams on engineered solutions and creative approaches to product design
* Work with engineering staff in using sound principles, theories, and concepts in analyzing complex problems
* Stay updated on new engineering technologies to enhance and improve Hubbell products through the DtV process
* Partnering with Sourcing Manager and Engineering Managers, validate material composition and alternative material in product/product families
* Assess and mitigate project risks to ensure a successful implementation.
* Manage interface with Business Unit Engineering and Operations functional managers to coordinate projects for execution
* Maintain project tracking tools and maintain project status, providing updates to key stakeholders as required
* Key Relationships:
- PLBT Engineering Managers and Engineers: to formalize and implement engineering changes
- Business Unit Operations (Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Sales)-PM: to ensure appropriate execution to implementation
Skills and Experience
* Minimum of 8 years experience leading large scale engineering projects
* Demonstrated experienced in project management methodologies
* Green Belt certification required, Black Belt certification preferred.
* Cross-functional business experience with exposure to both product management and Operations (Mfg, Purchasing, SCM) organizations; able to provide a balanced perspective and build an unbiased fact base
* Basic understanding of technical / operational systems to understand system implications of specific ideas
* Experience with qualitative and quantitative analytics
* Experience with ambiguous problems; able to structure and synthesize disparate inputs
* Ability to engage in thought provoking conversations through persuasive and professional debate.
* Highly organized project manager to allocate resources in a disciplined fashion and ensure timely, thorough analysis.
* Strong written and oral communication skills to present findings.
* Strong interpersonal skills to influence stakeholders with different point of views and drive alignment through a fact-based process
Bachelors Degree in Engineering General or Mechanical Engineering
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.