Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Batesville, Indiana
Hill-Rom is a $2.7B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hill-Rom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
This position plays a key role in developing, implementing, and maintaining plastic commodity strategies for Hill-Rom. This position provides plastics tooling and process expertise to new product development and production support across the company's business units and external supply base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Other duties may be assigned:
* Develop Plastic Processes that support Hill-Rom's Global Supply Chain and Manufacturing strategies.
* Provide Design for Manufacture feedback and guidance to design engineers to ensure part designs are compatible with plastic manufacturing process capabilities.
* Strong teamwork and communication skills with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
* Develop cost and lead time estimates for equipment and tooling required for the production of plastic components.
* Perform make vs. buy analysis for plastic components including estimation of direct and indirect variable costs, fixed costs, transportation costs, etc.
* Develop process validation guidelines (IQ, OQ, SV, PQ) and oversee their execution to ensure compliance with process validation requirements within Hill-Rom's supply base.
* Support component approvals with Hill-Rom's supplier SNAP process for plastic processes.
QualificationsEDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* BS Degree in Plastics, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent job experience.
* 5-10+ years' related experience in tooling and process development functions for the plastics industry.
* 3-5 years' experience in a regulated manufacturing industry. Medical device manufacturing experience preferred.
* Extensive experience with injection molding tooling and processing using scientific molding principles with commodity and engineering grade resins.
* Excellent computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office and CAD systems.
* Knowledge of FDA quality systems including ISO13485, 21CFR Part820, ISO9001 and other quality systems that may be within Hill-Rom's supply base is a plus.
* Must be able/willing to travel up to 50% domestically and internationally.
* NOTE: The inability to perform any of the following physical requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that the physical requirement is an essential job function and the applicant is unable to perform such function with or without reasonable accommodation
* While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
At Hill-Rom, we strive to build a diverse work force through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job and not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Hill-Rom is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity