Distribution Coordinator at The J. M. Smucker Company
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Topeka, Kansas
For more than 120 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Pillsbury , R.W. Knudsen Family , Hungry Jack , Caf Bustelo , Martha White , truRoots , Sahale Snacks , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix , Milk- Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and 9Lives . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Position is responsible for accurately and timely scheduling of outbound and inbound loads using all systems and replying to carriers with appointments. This position will provide daily communication with Carriers, Drivers, Customer Service, PPIC, Transportation and the Topeka Distribution Center team. This person will be responsible for email correspondence, answering phones, data entry, and utilizing all other operating systems necessary to perform job.
* Monitoring appointment email box, responding to emails, direct phone communication with carriers and drives, responding to voice mail messages
* Scheduling all inbound and outbound loads by setting appointments
* Using the following operating systems: Excel, Word, Outlook, Red Prairie, IMI, Discoverer for Oracle and various web based systems
* Daily reporting and providing daily schedules for the team
* Provide and/or utilize operational reports to include Daily Schedule, Daily Activity Report, Open Orders to Be Shipped, Combined Expected Receipts, No Show/Unscheduled, Potential and Actual Cut Reports
* High School Diploma or GED required
* 1-2 years of experience with Outlook and Excel
* 2+ years of experience with Outlook, Excel, Red, Prairie (WMS) and Oracle based warehouse management systems
* Ability to multi-task
* Organizational skills
* Attention to detail
* Communication skills
The normal hours for this position are 9am to 6pm Monday through Friday..