Cloud/DevOps Engineer at Yoh
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Plano, Texas
CLOUD ARCHITECT ENGINEER needed for a CONTRACT-TO-HIRE opportunity with Yoh's client located in PLANO TEXAS.
THE BIG PICTURE - TOP SKILLS YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
* Contract to Hire Role in 6 month time frame - only those eligible to convert, client is NOT able to sponsor Visa candidates for this role, w2 only
* Experienced software engineering leader who is passionate about software development and automation that wants to be part of the team providing a centrally supported portfolio of scaled, integrated services in our cloud-hosted infrastructure.
* The role resides within a highly motivated, fast-paced team comprised of engineers tasked with providing enterprise CI/CD tools that are used by software developers, quality engineers, data analysts and other technology users
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
* Automate the provisioning of environments in AWS, building infrastructure from the ground up with Terraform, cooking up recipes for configuration management with Chef and deploying applications using Docker containers in Kubernetes.
* Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting reviews to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance and resiliency, while constantly assessing the overall quality of delivered components.
* Develop automation tools, scripts or software for maintaining each platform, and to enable self-service capabilities for users.
* Clearly communicate technical information to stakeholders. Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with leadership, vendors, and other engineering teams, solving complex business problems together.
* Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, and mentor other members of the development community to continuously improve our software engineering practices.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent military experience
* AWS or Azure Professional Certification
* 8 years of experience in software development, including a mastery of at least one of the following languages: Java, Ruby, GO, Python or Groovy
* 5 years working with cloud based infrastructure in AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, SNS, etc.) or Azure
* 3 years building with infrastructure-as-code and configuration management tools (CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
* 3 years of experience with using container technologies or deploying a micro-services architecture
* 3 years of professional experience in a technical leadership role, serving as a lead or manager of a large scale enterprise application or platform
* Master's Degree in Computer Science
* A proven track record of using version control systems and automated build tools for continuous integration and deployment (GitHub, Artifactory, Jenkins and Chef) in multiple recent projects.
* Demonstrated experience leading multiple large-scale deployments of applications hosted on AWS, including automating every aspect of delivering those applications and ongoing support of the full stack once in production.
GET HIRED, APPLY NOW!
RECRUITER: Alycia Gotthold
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity