Terminal Systems Specialist at Global Partners LP
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
The Terminal System Specialist will provide technical support for Global's Bulk Terminal end-user community as well as select Global business partners.
As part of the Terminal Systems Support Team, the Terminal Systems Specialist will work closely with IT management and Network Engineering to help resolve issues and problems reported by Global's Terminal end user community. This person will be responsible for the timely resolution of end user issues, the escalation of issues and requests when necessary, reporting issues that require additional levels of expertise. The Specialist will also be responsible for updating or creating knowledgebase content as they resolve problems and issues. They may be asked to provide input and suggestions for helpdesk improvement. This role requires regular interaction with IT Solutions Architects and management, necessary to resolve technology issues and/or improve IT services.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The setup and maintenance of desktop and laptop computers, printers, servers and related equipment.
* Providing proactive support and training of the user community.
* Proactively identify and recommend enhancements to the overall IT infrastructure.
* Monitoring of the technical infrastructure using Global's Network Monitoring Platform.
* Assist end users with installation, configuration and troubleshooting of hardware and software to endure continued usability of equipment and software.
* Support the Schneider Electric G3 Automation Load Rack System that controls the safe and reliable storage and handling of multiple refined products.
* Provide desk side or remote assistance to end users in the use of existing and new technologies, hardware and software.
* Contribute knowledge and updated information into Global's IT Knowledge Base.
* Maintain professional attitude and provide excellent customer service at all times, to include maintaining a good work ethic and assisting other technical support specialists when needed.
* Additional hours may be required for problem management and special projects.
* Participation in Global's \\"off-hours\\" coverage rotation
* Tracking open issues through the use of Global's trouble ticketing system.
* Occasional travel to terminals
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
* Strong working knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and MS Office.
* A basic understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and IP Networking.
* Capable of building user workstations and/or laptops.
* Ability to effectively support remote users via phone, email and desktop remote control software.
* Troubleshoot Mobile Device Issues (iPhones, iPads)
* Basic phone PBX skills.
REQUIRED NON TECHNICAL SKILLS:
* The desire to learn new technologies and actively participate in the introduction and improvement of information technology.
* Comfortable speaking one on one with all levels of the organization.
* Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to apply technical knowledge
* The ability to work independently or in a group setting.
* Ability to find technology workarounds to issues that cannot be resolved in a timely fashion.
* A strong customer service focus and attitude.
* Good organizational skills.
* Good verbal and written communications skills.
* Proficient documentation skills in MS Visio, MS Word and MS Excel.
* Desire to be challenged.
DESIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
* Bulk Terminal Automation Systems (Guardian 3, Toptech TMS 5 or 6, Smith Acculoads, Toptech Multiloads)
* PLC Knowledge
* Oracle 12
* Microsoft Networking: Printer management, File Share management, Active Directory, Microsoft IIS, Internet Explorer, DHCP and DNS.
* Basic IP networking skills.
* Basic WLAN Wireless.
* LAN printer setup, configuration and troubleshooting.
* Voice and electronic faxing.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Minimum 2-3 years as a Tier I Technical Support Specialist
* High School diploma/GED mandatory.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science desired.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.