Sr Pre Clinical Research Associate Job at Boston Scientific Corporation
Posted in Other 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Marlborough, Massachusetts
Purpose and Passion * Comprehensive Benefits * Life-Work Integration * Community * Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we re one global team committed to making a difference in people s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose improving lives through your life s work.
About this role:
In the Pre-Clinical Research Associate role you will have the opportunity to support project teams in several therapeutic areas. This person will primarily support Interventional Cardiology and Peripheral Interventions, and Imaging. As business needs require, support may also include the Endoscopy, Neurovascular, and Structural Heart franchises.
Your responsibilities will include:
The scope of work will be done in an independent or semi-independent manner based on candidate skillsets. This candidate will support preclinical colleagues or teams as a core team or an extended team member in early through late-stage product development, including submission and commercialization. Collaboration with department and team colleagues is essential to achieve the scope of work:
* Develop preclinical project strategy including studies, objectives, and timelines that support long-term project team goals and objectives.
* Provide scientific input, research, and select appropriate preclinical models (in vitro, in vivo or ex-vivo) to achieve project team goals.
* Lead or support preclinical studies conducted internally or externally, including protocol development, study management, data analysis, interpretation, and reporting.
* Assist in the development of models as needed to meet project or corporate objectives by working closely with internal and external staff and resources.
* Provide input to address project risk, mitigation, and safety based on preclinical work.
* Influence decisions made by preclinical, R&D, other functional management, and project leadership within the scope of the function.
* Influence and contribute to collaboration across all functions within the preclinical department, and across internal customer functions (such as R&D, Marketing, and Regulatory).
* Assist senior preclinical staff to improve, refine, simplify or create new technical processes related to the conduct of preclinical studies, product development, internal service work, or clinical trials.
What we re looking for:
* BS or MS Degree in Biological Sciences, Biomedical Engineering or Design, Biochemistry, Veterinary Science, or related fields
* Minimum 3 years of preclinical experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry
* Academic background of 5 or more years without industry experience may be considered
* Experience in cardiovascular, peripheral, endoscopy or structural heart device development and large-animal research, including study management, data analysis and reporting.
* Ability to travel 30-50%
* Knowledge of GLP regulations, experience conducting non-GLP and GLP studies is highly desirable
* Experience with device submissions to US and OUS Regulatory Authorities is highly desirable
* Excellent communication, presentation, analytical, and technical writing skills
* Highly motivated individual able to work in a semi-independent or independent manner, experienced working in a collaborative, team-based environment
* Excellent skills with MSOffice suite, including: Word, Excel, Minitab, Power Point, MS Project, Minitab or other data analysis programs
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 417588
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Biochemistry, Clinic, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Medical, Science, Healthcare