Injury Prevention Coordinator at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Ogden, Utah
Job Code: 06030-39036
Our northern Utah facility serves a large community with our variety of services including: a cancer treatment center, women's services, cardiology services, and an alcohol and chemical dependency treatment center as well as many others. We were listed in the Truven Health Analytics top 100 hospitals for 2013 and continue our path of excellence in healthcare. Ogden Regional is at the heart of the mountains with over six ski resorts within an hour's drive. There is also a great downtown area with restaurants and shops to satisfy all tastes. With a great university down the road and many schools within driving distance, this hospital is in a great central location to meet all your family's needs.
RN Injury Prevention Coordinator:
This position is accountable for reducing the impact of traumatic injuries by developing and participating in prevention efforts by identifying the patterns, frequency, and risks for injury groups within the community by developing prevention strategies that can affect positive results. Outcome data is to be collected, assessed and reported to the Trauma Director.
* Identify a target injury population by using the trauma registry or any other vital statistics data base.
* Formulate a plan to involve existing community agencies and to support local programs.
* Collaborate with local, state and national injury prevention programs.
* Track a monthly log of work performed and meetings attended.
* Collaborate with pre-hospital, rehabilitation practitioners and local, state and national groups to have an impact on decreasing mortality and morbidity for trauma patients.
* Develop an active leadership role in injury prevention by reaching out to the community by attending prevention and awareness campaigns.
* Demonstration of participation with existing community committees such as, but not limited to, NUHOPE (Northern Utah s suicide awareness group.) Domestic Violence awareness group of Northern Utah. NUSANE (Northern Utah Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners.)
* Monthly log must be present to the identify progress which includes, identify, plan, execution, assessment and reporting
Allied health professional or Current Utah RN license in good standing (Compact RN When a nurse changes primary state of residence by moving from one compact state to another, the nurse can practice in the new state on the former license for up to 90 days. The 90 days starts when the nurse becomes a resident in the new state). Current certification as a BLS and ACLS Healthcare Provider.
Member to the Emergency Nurses Association.
2 years' experience in the Emergency Department.
Last Edited: 03/07/2018