Anesthesia Technician at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Ogden, Utah
Job Code: 06030-39022
Mixed (rotating weekends)
Our northern Utah facility serves a large community with our variety of services including: a cancer treatment center, women's services, cardiology services, and an alcohol and chemical dependency treatment center as well as many others. We were listed in the Truven Health Analytics top 100 hospitals for 2013 and continue our path of excellence in healthcare. Ogden Regional is at the heart of the mountains with over six ski resorts within an hour's drive. There is also a great downtown area with restaurants and shops to satisfy all tastes. With a great university down the road and many schools within driving distance, this hospital is in a great central location to meet all your family's needs.
Anesthesia Tech: Full Time
Orders medications, stockroom supplies and special direct order items related to anesthesia for patients of all ages. Performs inspections to ensure medications are not out-dated. Interfaces with sales representatives. Evaluates and makes suggestions related to anesthesia equipment. Communicates to appropriate personnel when equipment is not functioning correctly and initiates pathway for repair.
* Interfaces with all anesthesia related sales representatives in accordance with materiel management policies to evaluate equipment and products.
* Performs monthly expiration inspections of all anesthesia related medications in Family Birth Place, anesthesia workroom and individual anesthesia carts to insure that all medications are within expiration dates.
* Sets up and checks anesthesia machines daily to assure good working conditions. Performs daily maintenance and cleaning of anesthesia machines.
* Attends to the requests of the nurse anesthetists, anesthesiologists, supervisor, and charge nurse throughout the day.
* Displays knowledge of sterilization and cleaning of products necessary during the day to ensure there will be adequate supply of items.
* Displays knowledge of equipment, the ability to troubleshoot, calibrate, maintain, intervene, and communicate equipment malfunctions to appropriate Bio-Med Technicians for repair and contacts appropriate companies if an anesthesia machine malfunctions. Technicians will obtain loaner equipment for malfunctioning equipment.
* Under direct supervision of licensed personal anesthesia technician will set up IV s, arterial line and other invasive lines as needed in preparation for specific cases, under the supervision of licensed personnel the anesthesia technician will demonstrate the correct procedure for placing IV s, basic knowledge of fluid balance, overload, aseptic technique, and differentiation of crystalloid fluids.
* Communicates supply needs to the supply coordinator so supplies can be ordered in a timely manner. Checks to see if adequate and appropriate supplies are in stock. Obtains supplies at anesthesia and nursing staff requests as needed. Obtains special needs and anticipates needs required for delivery of anesthesia.
* Technician will attend and acquire certificate of completion from an accredited Anesthesia Technician Course.
* Stocks appropriate levels of supplies and equipment in each room to adequately run cases each day.
* Technician will be available to transport patients.
* Performs other duties as may be assigned
Current certification as a BLS Healthcare provider required.
Completion of high school education or GED equivalent
Previous patient experience in a hospital setting is preferred.
Last Edited: 03/06/2018