Respiratory Therapist at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho
Job Code: 00310-38978
Nights (rotating weekends)
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST - FULL TIME
The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is a modern, Joint Commission-accredited, 330-bed full-service hospital located in Idaho Falls. Idaho Falls offers a rich variety of outdoor activities with Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Jackson, WY and Sun Valley all within a short drive from our hospital.
JOB TITLE: Respiratory Therapist
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
WORK SCHEDULE: 1st year Schedule = Mixed Schedule - work 1 month of days 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. with rotating weekends and 1 month of nights 7 p.m. - 7 a.m. with rotating weekends. Upon 1 year or when position of choice is available candidate can apply/be considered for preference days or nights.
Experienced candidates may have opportunity to forego the "mixed schedule/training 1 year schedule" and work 7 p.m. - 7 a.m. night shift with rotating weekends.
The Respiratory Therapist provides treatment, care and evaluation for patients with respiratory insufficiencies. The tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Delivers and assesses responses to ordered therapy per plan of care including routine and intensive therapy and diagnostic procedures.
* Utilizes various types of oxygen and other therapeutic gas equipment such as masks, tents and incubators.
* Administers prescribed doses of medicinal gases and aerosol drugs.
* Measures ventilatory volumes, pressures and blood gas analysis.
* Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition and general acceptance of treatment.
*RRT required with current licensure in Idaho.
*New grad must have successfully passed NBRC boards and have a permanent Idaho license, not a student license.
*Must have current certifications in AHA CPR for Healthcare Providers.
*NRP, ACLS and PALS certification must be obtained within 1 year after orientation.
Last Edited: 03/06/2018