Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
PSG is part of the Dover Fluids platform. We are an organization on the move, always looking for talented and ambitious people with a desire to help us grow our business. We re a global leader in integrated flow solutions and leader in the manufacture of pumps, systems and related flow-control solutions for the safe, efficient and reliable transfer of critical and valuable materials. PSG features world-class pump brands Wilden , Blackmer , Neptune , Almatec , Mouvex , Griswold , Finder , Abaque , Redscrew , Ebsray and Quattroflow and are committed to servicing key vertical markets that include Hygienic, Water, Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Energy.
We feature world-class facilities in 7 countries, including operations in the U.S., France, Germany, India, Italy, Australia, and China; and have localized presence in over 100 countries. At PSG, we are passionately committed to the development of innovative sustainable technologies. We are relentless in our pursuit of excellence, and confident in the market knowledge and expertise we bring to our customers.
We thrive on winning and being number one. PSG offers a unique combination of the both small company atmosphere: with an ownership mindset that allows you to make close-to-the-customer decisions; an innovative approach in seeing beyond what is possible today and entrepreneurial spirit in the pursuit of new opportunities; combined with benefits of a large company s scale, tools, career planning and financial strength of Dover. Join PSG, a growing global company where your curiosity, hard work and ambition is rewarded with exceptional career opportunities in a friendly & fast paced environment. Welcome aboard!
PSG is part of the Fluids segment of the Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV). Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues in excess of $7 billion
Summary: Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes in industrial plant by performing the following duties.
Strategic Alignment: Assists with initiatives for improved processes by utilizing the latest equipment and technologies.
Internal Customers Served: Main customers are the production segment staff.
External Customers Served: Support Product Engineering and Product Management when required for evaluating product changes, enhancements or new product releases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
* Competent in developing CNC machining programs using G-code and M-code programming using various machine controls.
* Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods. Has knowledge of part locating datum s and can specify tooling and fixtures accordingly for machining and /or assembly work.
* Is familiar with lean manufacturing principles such as Waste Reduction, Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED), 5S, and Value Stream/Process Mapping. Demonstrates an understanding of basic problem solving methodology (Cause & Effect / 5 Why)
* Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency. Is familiar with 2D and 3D drawing software required for fixtures, tooling, plant layouts and part programming.
* Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, fixtures, tooling, gages or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards. Has knowledge of machinery / equipment operation and associated programming (All types of CAM Software) required for proper function. Is capable of teaching others on the operation of machinery / equipment.
* Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions. Is familiar with calculating feeds and speeds for machining applications, can conduct time studies and determine cycle times for cost estimates and /or standard rates / setup for cost accounting.
* Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
* Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year College or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.