Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Investor Accounting Specialist
ABOUT THE JOB
Under the direction of the Payment Control Supervisor, the person in this position is responsible for the timely processing of borrowers payments received in-house, as well as payments that have been rejected by the lockbox facility. In addition, other types of financial transactions related to borrowers accounts would be processed. Payments that are not processed timely have a negative impact on our relations with our borrowers from a customer service perception, and our investors, since these funds are ultimately distributed to them. These functions will be performed by following written internal and investor policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Process payments that have been rejected by the external lockbox facility
* Process payment reversals, NSF checks, and other special types of payment transactions
* Understand and interpret loan transaction history, research questions related to how a transaction needs to be posted
* Assist with Customer Service related issues
* Monitor the bank wire system for incoming wires/ACH s and process or notify others of receipt, as appropriate, including checks received and deposited at the Overland Park location.
* Process advances to pay vendors
* Print disbursement checks
* Receive requests through worklog system on RECWeb and disburse/post transactions on Strategy, our system of record
* Balance daily work through batch system and Strategy balances
* Communicate closely with internal departments Taxes, Insurance, Account Managers, Conversions, Investor Reporting, Cash Management, Internal Accounting, etc.
* All daily transactions across loan servicing
MARGINAL OR PERIPHERAL FUNCTIONS
* Coordinate work activities with Servicing and Corporate Accounting as necessary
* Assist other Internal Accounting Departments as required
* Perform special projects as required
* High School Diploma
* Minimum 1-3 years experience of payment processing or accounting related experience
* Excellent organizational skills, efficiently handling multiple tasks and deadlines
* Efficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheet and email software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
* Experience in understanding commercial loans
* Team oriented and flexible
* Analyze issues and seek to improve and simplify work processes
About the Business
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to midsized businesses from Maine to Alaska through our 15-state network of over 1,200 branches, 1,500 ATMs, telephone banking and robust online and mobile platforms. KeyBank s Consumer/Business Banking segment provides consumers and small business owners with straightforward banking solutions and personal finance expertise that helps them make confident financial decisions today and plan for tomorrow. Key Private Bank offers wealth planning that follows a consistent, disciplined approach guided by objective advice based on each unique situation. KeyBank Commercial Bank offers midsize business financial services that drive growth and profitability and help business owners identify new opportunities with products and services including deposit, cash management, investment services, commercial lending, equipment leasing, and asset-based lending.
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled.