Associate Principal Chemist-Hair Care Development at L'Oreal USA
Posted in Other 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Clark, New Jersey
Responsible for all elements of category product development from studying the feasibility with Marketing to commercialization, including assistance in post-commercialization issue resolution. Initiates, coordinates, and analyzes new product development programs.
* Manage resource allocation and priority setting depending on marketing requests and business needs.
* Create prototype formulae that answer consumers needs for the different brands he/she is in charge of.
* Stay aware of the hair care market and generate new ideas to keep his brand ahead of competition.
* Solves any problems that may arise during development to meet all Officialization dates of projects.
* Provide updates with progress of Projects on a timely and regular manner. Documents should be precise and accurate.
* Serve as a creative facilitator in the Marketing/R&D interface.
* Identify issues with new and existing products for R&D management.
* Issue technical dossiers for new products or modifications of existing products.
* Coordinate scale up and initial successful commercial manufacture of new products either in-house or contract manufacturers.
* Maintain awareness of new technical or marketing opportunities from scientific and technical literature and publications.
* Identify opportunities to achieve efficiency in plant manufacturing with innovative processing technology or alternate raw materials.
* Ensure fluid communication with International counterparts.
* JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Master s degree in Chemistry, PhD preferred
* 10+ years experience in laboratory environment, cosmetics industry preferred
* Great formulation skills and knowledge
* Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and computer skills
* Supervisory experience of significant team required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.