Middlebury Interactive Langugaes - Summer Academies Technology Manager at K12, Inc
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Middlebury Interactive Langugaes - Summer Academies Technology Manager
SUMMER ACADEMIES TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
POSITION LOCATION: Vermont
Located on two campuses in Vermont, Middlebury Interactive Languages Summer Academy offers middle and high school students the opportunity to study Arabic, Mandarin Chinese, French, German, or Spanish with skilled language educators in an intensive four week immersion environment.
The Technology Manager is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all technology needs of the Academy at both campuses.
This is a residential position. All employees will be provided room and board. They will have two full days off during the 4-week session. All employees pay for their travel to and from program locations. Transportation from local airport and train station is provided at both the beginning and the end of the program by MIL. Housing is not provided for family members.
As the Summer Academies Technology Manager, YOU WILL . . .
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accomodations may be made to enable individualswith disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Maintain a comprehensive knowledge and utilization of the Academy policies and procedures to create a safe, supportive, rewarding environment for students and staff
* Work closely with IT department at host sites to ensure smooth coordination of technology needs
* Respond quickly and effectively to provide troubleshooting and diagnostics on general technology issues
* Effectively manage setup and takedown of site technology components/inventory
* Oversee coordination of on-site pre- and post-program student assessment
* Work with Summer Site Manager and Language Directors to manage student and staff schedule; troubleshoot hardware and software components of STAMP assessment; oversee administration of assessment
* Oversee and delegate various logistical and operational aspects of running an IT function including knowledge and oversight of web application, setting up and maintaining a campus-wide administrative and printing network, and the facilitation and coordination of computer rental equipment delivery and return
* Maintain a presence at both campuses; coordinate effective oversight of technology needs
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises 1-2 Full-time Equivalent (FTE) regular employees and/or contractors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
RIGHT FOR YOU*
Do you communicate well*
Can you build customer confidence*
Are you able to tackle problems and take independent action*
Is your manner honest and straightforward*
Are you able to prioritize and meet deadlines*
Do you value others' opinions*
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Must have a minimum of 5 years IT experience
Previous experience with the coordination of a variety of IT needs for multiple users, preferably working in a host campus situation Certificates and Licenses: none required
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively with peers in a transparent work environment
* Demonstrates high level of energy, enthusiasm, and ability to operate well in a fast-paced, complex immersion environment
* Possesses excellent communication skills, engages well with others and is articulate and outgoing
* Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency
* Ability to pass required background check
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Fluency in a foreign language is a plus
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This is a residential position. All employees will be provided room and board. They will have two full days off during the 4-week session. All employees pay for their travel to and from program locations. Transportation from local airport and train station is provided at both the beginning and the end of the program by MIL. Housing is not provided for family members.
* This position is located at Green Mountain College, Poultney, Vermont.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is at-will as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the at-will nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend