Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Columbus, Ohio
(OHVA) High School Assistant Academic Administrator/Principal
Assistant Academic Administrator/Principal INSPIRE THE FUTURE!
The Assistant Academic Administrator/Principal for High School directs and coordinates educational and administrative activities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
AS AN ASSISTANT ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATOR, YOU WILL...
* Ensures conformance of educational programs to state and local school board standards through evaluation, development and coordination activities; As needed, researches and implements non-K12 curriculum resources that meet state standards;
* Helps articulate the school s mission and vision with the aim of ensuring all stakeholders have a common understanding and are positioned to work cooperatively in order to achieve desired results; Utilizes/relies heavily upon communication technologies and practices that most effectively support a predominantly virtual / remote work environment;
* Ensures that the school is meeting the needs of students while complying with local, state, and federal laws regarding special education and other categorical programs;
* Develops and oversees implementation of the school s student achievement plan and works with the academic team to implement the plan;
* Assists grade level principal in daily duties required to keep the department functioning and compliant;
* Assists with parent and student concerns and issues;
* Assists in the coordinating and implementing of grade level meetings;
* Assists principals in evaluations and observations per state requirements;
* Attends all required training by the Ohio Department of Education.
* Assists with projects as directed by Head of School or grade level principal;
* Requisitions and allocates supplies, equipment, and instructional material as needed;
* Actively participates in all school leadership team meetings assigned.
Get to know OHVA!
* Ohio Virtual Academy
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
* Master s degree AND
* Five (5) years of educational experience OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Web proficiency.
* Ability to travel 20% of the time for meetings, professional development, and school events
* Ability to work from the school office at least two days per week
* Ability to pass required background check
* Previous experience as an online educator
* Previous administrative experience
* Valid applicable state administrative license
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend