Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Belvidere, Illinois
Molex is looking for a summer engineering intern for our Central Rubber team. This position is stationed 3 days of the week at the Belvidere office and 2 days of the week at the headquarters in Lisle, IL.
Responsibilities might include:
* Work in materials laboratory and shop floor to establish and monitor rubber material properties.
* Measure and monitoring the rheology, tensile, and elongation properties, and the molding process to ensure quality and process efficiency.
* Create and update work instructions and process documentation in the materials lab.
* Work with shop floor supervisors to generate and update manufacturing documents.
* Measuring the results of the process and then understanding methods to correct and create solutions in the manufacturing setting using basic deductive reasoning
As an Engineering Intern, you will need to:
* Demonstrate the ability to provide solutions to a wide variety of engineering problems.
* Prioritize personal work load while developing a single project from beginning to end.
* Apply statistical analysis to time sensitive data to observe relationships, and identify potential opportunities for improvement.
* Work closely with individual team members to perform hands-on tasks to ensure accurate completion of objectives.
The Internship Program:
Molex offers a rewarding 12-week long, paid internship program where you will work with teams to gain insightful real-world experience. Molex strives to provide opportunities that promote value creation and offers experiences indispensable to future career choices, job satisfaction and personal development. Throughout the Molex Summer Internship Program, you will participate in an extensive summer agenda including, but not limited to:
* Presentations from key executives
* Visits to local and non-local plants
* Networking events with Molex employees
* Social events with fellow interns
* Summer Olympics / fitness tournaments
* Final presentations to executives
* Housing covered for non-local interns
Molex brings together innovation and technology to deliver electronic solutions to customers worldwide. With a presence in more than 40 countries, Molex offers a full suite of solutions and services for many markets, including data communications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, commercial vehicle and medical.
Visit us: www.molex.com
Our Blog: www.connector.com
Molex History: http://history.molex.com/
* Pursuing Bachelor's degree in engineering technology, manufacturing, chemistry, or related field.
* Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
* Completion of Bachelor s degree by or before June 2020
* Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills
* High degree of intellectual curiosity