Construction Observer (Entry-level) at Garver Engineering
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Garver has an opening in our Tulsa, Oklahoma office for an entry-level CONSTRUCTION OBSERVER whose primary duties will include the inspection and observation of airport, water/wastewater, roadway and bridge construction projects.
This position will be responsible for observing, inspecting, and documenting construction activities and will be under the supervision of the Project Engineer(s) or Manager assigned to a specific project. This position will assist the Project Engineer(s) and Project Manager as needed to ensure that the project is built in accordance with project plans and specifications under which the contract was awarded. The candidate selected for this position will report directly to Garver s on-site Project Engineer(s) or Manager of the project(s).
Primary responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
* Interacting with staff, contractors, the public, and others encountered in the course of work
* Regular use of written and oral communication skills
* Reading and interpreting data, information, and documents
* Analyzing and solving problems
* Observing and interpreting situations on construction job sites
* Performing highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks
* Working under intensive deadlines
Applicants must be capable of considerable physical activity in an outdoor setting including but not limited to light lifting, bending, stooping and climbing, walking and standing for prolonged periods of time, and regularly operating motorized vehicles. All applicants must consent to a background check, drug screen, motor vehicle report as a requirement of employment.
* Proven experience using Microsoft Office products such as Outlook and Word
* Valid driver's license
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Related experience in the construction or inspection field
* Surveying or materials testing and inspection experience
* Experience in observing transportation construction projects
* Coursework in Construction Management
* Computer and electronic filing of documents using Site Manager
* Certified Concrete Technician (ACI Certification)
* ODOT Materials Sampling Certification
* Traffic Control/Safety training
* Other testing and inspection certifications as required by specific municipal, state or federal agencies