Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Responsible for completing appraisal assignments on select specialty vehicle claims with substantial exposure, technical repairs, and coverage issues, or as needed to support the Specialty Claims operations. Additionally, responsible for quality control of all Specialty Vehicle appraisal channels through audits and re-inspections.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Take ownership of any issue, problem, or error that could potentially impact the policyholder and/or loss participant
* Handle routine and complex material damage claims with little or no supervision
* Balance workload within the area of responsibility through physical inspections and desk reviews
* Conduct quality control reviews of specialty appraisal channels to drive damage assessment accuracy
* Provide continuous training and support to personnel
* Maintain current knowledge of changes in state/region and helps develop and implement policies and procedures which impact specialty claims processing
* Assist and/or direct special projects or requests
* Obtain/Maintain appropriate licensing or education requirements
* DRP relationship management
MINIMUM SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor s Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
* 5+ plus years of estimating experience including specialty vehicles
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
* Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
* Record of demonstrating and delivering on customer service in a consistent manner while being a strong performer in reference to our metrics
* High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
* Capability of consistently handling aggregate file exposures of at least $50,000
* Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
* Thorough understanding of compliance with insurance law and state regulations as they relate to claims
* Supervisory or training experience
* Successful completion of one or multiple of the following: Advanced Material Damage Class and Material Damage Updates, ICAR Platinum designation, Advanced Vehicle Estimatics, Chief Structural Damage Analysis, Chief Advanced Frame, Chief Advanced Steering and Suspension Analysis, ICAR or other industry related courses or workshops, Vale Tech, RVIA, or other specialty vehicle specific training programs
* Thorough and consistent pattern of understanding and demonstrating our National General Insurance 4 E s
* Process management and analytics skills
ABOUT NATIONAL GENERAL HOLDINGS:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Apply Not ready to Apply*
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.