Senior/ Research Associate at QIAGEN
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
Functional Area: Sales
QIAGEN is seeking candidates who will assist in the development, implementation and optimization of sequencing protocols on the GeneReader sequencer, QIAGEN s next generation massively parallel DNA sequencing platform. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the sequencing development team and will be responsible for maintenance and operation of instruments, preparation of reagents according to SOPs as well as executing complex laboratory experiments.
The Research Associate will:
- Execute complex laboratory experiments without supervision and clearly report out results in a timely manner, planning and analyzing of own lab work.
- Perform primary analysis of NGS data for experiments as well as the experiments of others in the group as need dictates.
- Support general laboratory maintenance and preparation of reagents and maintaining inventory of supplies.
- Prepare and execute sequencing runs as required by development team schedule.
- Produce and maintain proper project documentation in compliance with QIAGEN requirements independently.
- Contribute to the content of technical reports.
- Collaborate with other R&D groups and functional areas to meet project objectives.
- Learn and follow all safety and laboratory workflow procedures.
- A Master s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related fields; 1-3 years of experience in relevant area.
- Proven ability to successfully execute and correctly interpret complex experiments.
- Hands-on experience with NGS workflows in an industrial setting preferred.
- Hands-on experience in primary analysis of NGS data strongly preferred.
- Good understanding of the underlying technical principles of NGS chemistries and workflows preferred
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with Design of Experiments (DOE) approaches as well as advanced statistical analysis methodologies a plus.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Working Environment Mechanical hazards, chemical hazards, biological hazards.
- Physical Requirements Sit, move, speak, hearing acuity.
- Lifting Requirements Sedentary work (exerting up to 10 pounds of force).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.