Sr. FP&A Manager - Operations at GenMark Diagnostics, Inc.
Posted in Other 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Carlsbad, California
This high profile position serves as a business partner for the Operations organization. Specifically, this role will work directly with Operations team to identify and drive productivity and supports the procurement, manufacturing, and facilities functions. Additionally, the candidate will identify risks and opportunities to achieving quarterly gross margin estimates, draw up action plans to achieve internal goals and drive accountability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Partner with Sr. Operations Management in developing detailed expense, capital and human resource Plans in support of our corporate quarterly forecasts, annual operating plan (AOP) and multi-year plans (LRP).
* Develop management reports, Board presentations, KPIs & dashboards.
* Synthesize actuals vs budget variances to understand gross margin implications.
* Construct financial models to support key strategic initiatives.
* Support external investor communications regarding gross margin forecast vs consensus.
* Partner with Operations to develop capacity plans and identify resource requirements.
* Key liaison between sales and manufacturing to ensure alignment on volume projections.
* Understand how sales forecasts are translated into production plans.
* Conduct analyses and provide decision support on ad-hoc issues such as capital investment to improve capacity and yield
* Create additional training for Operations employees to foster understanding of Ops metrics and gross margin implications.
* Identify key cost reduction opportunities as it relates to COGS, assist identifying and mitigating risks.
* Assist in vendor negotiations, management and tracking.
Position Requirements Qualifications and Experience:
* Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration; MBA preferred but not required
* Minimum 10 years of financial analysis for a life sciences manufacturing company supporting operations/manufacturing
* An advanced MS Excel and MS PowerPoint user
* Ability to partner, collaborate and influence across a wide spectrum of functions
* Independent, self-starter, ability work autonomously
* Strong understanding of Cost Accounting
* ROI analysis to support capital investment and cost reduction projects
* Budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning experience
* Manufacturing background, including continuous process improvement tools (Six Sigma)
* Problem solver, results oriented
GenMark Dx does not accept agency submittals. Please do not forward resumes to our Executive team, Management team, or any current GenMark employee for review. GenMark Dx is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GenMark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind: GenMark is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at GenMark are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. GenMark will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. GenMark encourages applicants of all ages. GenMark participates in E-Verify. GenMark is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.