MIG Grain Technician - Peoria, IL at SGS North America
Posted in Compliance 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Peoria, Illinois
* Perform official sampling of grain and grain byproducts in accordance with United States Department of Agriculure standards and Mid-Iowa Grain Inspecton SOP s.
* Ensure that sampling and technical responsibilities are performed in compliance, on time and on budget.
* A grain sampler/technician is responsible for the official sampling and analysis of specified lots of grain offered for inspection.
The Grain Technician reports to the Specified Service Point Manager and/or Regional Manager
* At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct
* Client communications and delivery of samples for factor analysis
* Ensuring duties are carried out in compliance with USDA/FGIS protocols and standards while taking into consideration customer safety and sampling site requirements
* Produce official records
* Participate in Mid-Iowa Grain Inspection communication schedule
* At all times, adopt a safe behavior by exercising due regard for the health and safety of Mid-Iowa employees and clients, in line with Mid-Iowa Grain policies and procedures
* Train company employees as designated
* Interact with Mid-Iowa Grain Inspection customer base, management & Quality Assurance
* At all times, comply with Mid-Iowa Grain Inspection Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct
* Qualifications - Must be able to pass a color vision and odor test
* Computer Skills Knowledge of Microsoft Office, to include Word, Outlook and Excel is perferred
* English Language Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
* Getting Information observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources, including carrier identifications, mechanical sampling systems, and other information required to deliver grain inspection services
* Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with USDA/FGIS and Mid-Iowa Grain Inspection Standards Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards
* Processing Information creation, compiling, calculating, or verifying information for Official records.
* Demonstrates strong commitment to Mid-Iowa Grain Inspection HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
* Responds appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
* In accordance with the Mid-Iowa Grain Inspection HSE Management System requirements, disposes of, or directs the disposal of, waste generated as a part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
* Reports all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the Mid-Iowa Incident Reporting requirements.
* Uses all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and reports any damaged / lost equipment to supervisor.
* Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
* Maintains awareness of hazards and proposes controls to supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client / site contact.
* Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by Mid-Iowa Grain Inspection management.