Trailer Account Specialist at Hendrickson Intl
Posted in Other 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: CANTON, Ohio
Primary point of contact for Trailer OEM customers. Manages the day-to-day activities associated with building and sustaining positive working relationships with assigned customers. Facilitates timely resolutions to customer requests by researching and resolving issues. Requires direct contact with cross-functional departments within Hendrickson such as Sales, Program Management, Engineering, Configurations, Quality, Accounting, Materials, Shipping, etc., as well as direct contact with cross-functional departments within the customer's organization. Manages sales order entry/changes, while displaying an acute attention for detail and accuracy.
1. Responsible for the day-to-day management of Trailer OEMs as assigned by manager.
2. Create valid model number configurations from customer-supplied ordering guides or specific requests, using knowledge-based programming which incorporates Engineering-based rules and constraints. Provide customer with model number, price quote and detailed specifications sheet showing the options/selections for review and approval.
a. When specific options are not available, work with Engineering and Program Management to identify solutions, i.e. new project requests or deviations needed.
3. For air disc brake applications, facilitate appropriate documentation and Engineering approvals before model and price are established.
a. Maintain updated records of customers and model numbers approved for disc brake shipments.
4. Fulfill all requests for suspension and parts identification, pricing and availability through the use of system, technical literature, engineering CAD files or equivalent matrix drawing files. Recommend alternate products based on specification, availability and/or price. Provide customer with product detail and application information.
5. Resolve customer concerns, including but not limited to: product related issues (i.e. parts shortages, defective or incorrectly manufactured items), technical issues (i.e. model changes, product changes), shipping related issues (i.e. late shipments, packaging, carriers, missing documentation), and invoicing related issues (i.e. pricing questions, invoicing problems, resolution of credit or collection issues). Communicates concerns to the appropriate personnel and facilitates satisfactory resolution between customer and Hendrickson.
6. Manage sales order entry and ensure complete follow through of orders, including expedite requests and special requirements. Identify model changes and suggest alternate replacements. Review cost packages related to fleet quotes, trade agreements, prototypes and trade show credits. Determine the plant of manufacture based on product mix and line capacity. Maintain blanket(s) for assigned key accounts. Inform department manager, Sales and Materials of any unexpected increases or decreases in demand for specific products. Keep customers abreast of any production delays.
7. Develop and preserve positive relations with customers. Interact with all departments within the customers' organization as needed. Represent Hendrickson in a professional manner to ensure continued partnership.
8. Communicate in a thorough and timely fashion with Sales and other department personnel when working on customer resolutions. Maintain strong working relationships with plant associates. Work closely with members of all other functional areas. Execute manager-assigned projects. Contribute to the training of new personnel, as required
Education and Training
Bachelor's degree in business
3+ years of related experience
Frequent sitting, work at computer for extended periods of time.
Some physical labor may be required when working in field with customers
Self-directed with strong organizational skills.
Ability to manage multiple detail-oriented duties per day.
Master the use of multiple computer interfaces from varying types of software.
Manage email as primary communication and source of contact with customer base.
Ability to read technical/engineering based drawings and multi-layered product matrices.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
*This is not a comprehensive list of duties. Duties may change without notice in management's sole discretion. Hendrickson is an at-will employer, each employee is free to resign at any time, just as Hendrickson is free to terminate employment at any time without cause or notice.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer: veteran / disability