Site Safety/Quality Officer at Cherokee Nation Businesses
Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Washington, Washington DC
Cherokee Nation Environmental Solutions (CNES) is an environmental-focused company based in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The environmental services provided by CNES are:
* Soil Testing
* Storm drainage/run off
* Site assessment
* Above & Underground Storage Tanks
* Regulatory Contracting
* Long-Term Monitoring
* Environment Consulting
* Hazardous Waste Collection, Treatment and Disposal
* All Other Miscellaneous Waste Management Services
At least 10 years of experience in construction, including experience in a leadership role as a Safety. Quality Manager, Foreman, Assistant Superintendent/Assistant Construction Manager, etc.
The Site Safety/Quality Assurance Officer will be responsible for site safety, project quality and assist the Site Superintendent / Construction Manager with managing multiple trades on construction projects.
* Provide services and responsibilities at the direction of the Quality/Safety Manager.
* Serve as project Site Safety/Quality Assurance Officer.
* Interpret the contract documents to ensure complete conformance with plans and specifications.
* Ability to confer with and direct subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction.
* Ability to confer with subcontractors to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
* Ability to confer with superintendent, subcontractors and suppliers to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
* Monitors assigned project utilizing quality control management system.
* In conjunction with Superintendent, inspects the jobsite for safety violations and documents said violations.
* Conducts or participates in weekly safety meetings and safety inspections as outlined in the safety manual.
* Reviews Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA) and conducts routine safety meetings and inspections.
* Abides by safety rules and regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* 10 years of experience in the construction industry and/or an associate's or bachelor's degree in Construction Management or a related field of study. 5 Years of experience in construction safety and Quality Assurance.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contract documents, blueprints, specifications, engineering reports, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients, subcontractors, or employees of organization.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
* Possess knowledge of all facets of ground up building construction.
* Computer skills are required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Windows applications including Microsoft Word 2007 and Excel 2007. Experience with Microsoft Project 2007, Prolog Project Manager and/or USACE QCS is preferred.
* Must be able to proficiently read, write and speak the English language.
* Must possess a valid driver's license.
* Must be able to pass a background investigation.
* Must have construction safety experience. Completion of an OSHA Construction 30-hour course is mandatory. Must be familiar with 29 CFR 1926.
* Frequent walking
Lifting up to 40lbs.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following two links:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster
EPPA: https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf (English)
EPPA: https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppaspan.pdf (Spanish)
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster
FMLA: https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf (English)
FMLA: https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlasp.pdf (Spanish)
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision : The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
This Organization participates in E-verify/Esta Organizacion participa en E-Verify: