Golf Course Superintendent at Omni Hotels & Resorts
Posted in Other 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posted Date 24 hours ago(3/6/2018 7:59 PM)
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
Golf Resort Operations
La Costa Resort and Spa
Nestled among the beautiful coastal foothills of Carlsbad, CA, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa is honored as the #1 Wellness Spa by Spa magazine. Omni La Costa's acclaimed restaurants present an updated take on locally inspired cuisine and culinary delights. Steps from your door, world-class accommodations, championship golf and tennis, eight pools and more anxiously wait to welcome your arrival.
Omni La Costa associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Omni La Costa may be your perfect match.
Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for the operation, maintenance and management of the golf course. The GCP will coordinate the operation with the Director of Golf and the General Manager of the property.
* Create implement and execute a global maintenance plan and budget for the golf course operation.
* Coordinate and oversee all golf course construction and renovation projects.
* Develop a long term property improvement plan(PIP) to include a forecast of all capital requirements of the course, equipment and maintenance facility
* Oversee the procurement, maintenance, operation and utilization of all maintenance equipment and supplies.
* Oversee the process of Interviewing, hiring, counseling, training and disciplining all golf course maintenance associates in coordination with Human Resources.
* Protect the company s interest by an awareness of and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations including property and company policies.
* Work closely with the Director of Golf to coordinate course scheduling and utilization along with the implementation of cultural programs that have a guest impact.
* Attend staff meetings, Manager meetings and meet with members as required.
* Experience in all phases of golf course management and turf culture along with a working knowledge of course renovation and construction.
* A degree or advanced education pertaining to the science of golf course management.
* High degree of administrative and executive ability including effective written and oral communication skills and computer proficiency.
* Must obtain and maintain state sanctioned pesticide application certification within 6 months of employment
* Thorough understanding of the proper use of fertilizers and their application
* Thorough understanding of the proper irrigation of turf as it relates to turf health and course conditioning.
* Ability to prepare the golf course for play according to the rules of golf.
* Valid Drivers license.
END OF JOB DESCRIPTION