Environment & Sustainability Intern- Summer 2018 at Schneider Electric
Posted in Other 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Are you looking for a new opportunity as a Safety, Environment and Sustainability intern reporting to Director of Safety and Environment? This intern will interface with corporate-level and manufacturing plant floor level employees to impact Schneider Electrics environmental footprint in a positive way.
The internship will be project based, supporting various initiatives that impact our North American environmental and sustainability performance, including the North America Zero Waste to Landfill program, and other green supply chain initiatives such as carbon strategy, e-waste management and green packaging solutions. To facilitate a more interesting learning experience, the intern will be based in our LINCOLN, NE circuit breaker manufacturing plant.
WHAT WOULD SOME OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE?
1) Students will be working in a collaborative, crossfunctional, geographically diverse team, learning effective management of shifting priorities, delivering thorough work products, and meeting project deadlines
2) Evaluating, quantifying and comparing carbon footprint of various aspects of our manufacturing and waste management processes
3) Supporting our Zero Waste to Landfill program through identifying and leveraging innovative site-based solutions across a wider scope
4) Developing and promoting a North American environmental awards program
5) Identifying and vetting greener packaging alternatives
6) Supporting development of environment and safety-related processes and procedures
DO YOU HAVE THESE KEY EXPERIENCES AND QUALIFICATIONS?
1) The student must be a passionate problem solver - engineering, science and business-related majors
2) Sophomore or higher in Accredited University
3) Strong communication and organizational skills required, especially using phone and screen-sharing technologies
4) Interested in becoming an environmental, sustainability or manufacturing manager.
5) Proficiency in VBA programming a plus
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. Were looking for people with a passion for success on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer.