LENOX Industrial: Territory Sales Manager (New England) at Stanley Black & Decker
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
This position may be based in Western MA or CT.
Since 1915, Lenox has done more than innovate at cutting; we ve lead the industry, commanded the science, developed sharper ideas, listened to your needs and delivered the world s most advanced cutting solutions. In 2017, Lenox joined the Stanley Black & Decker family of brands which has been recognized as the largest, fastest growing, and most innovative Tools and Storage Company in the world. At Stanley Black & Decker, our people are our single greatest asset. They are the industry s best, and they are empowered to create opportunities for success. Every day, they define excellence with everything they do. Are you ready to join our winning team?
The Territory Sales Manager will be positioned within the Industrial Bandsaw Sales Team and is responsible for calling on Matrix Distribution within the various channels of the Industrial/MRO space. This includes, but not limited to, General Line Supply, Cutting Tool, Welding Supply, Saw Shop, and National Distribution.
* Demonstrate the value of Lenox products and service by running product trials and providing the customer with a cost savings analysis report to show the difference between low price and cost per cut.
* Identify high potential sales opportunities and conduct thorough needs analysis.
* Develop territory plans and set priorities based on opportunity and management direction.
* Create custom marketing plans utilizing internal resources to drive field sales activity.
* Update, analyze and revise account plans quarterly.
* Develop and influence relationships at all levels of distributors and key end-user personnel.
* Support strategic and National Account sales efforts locally.
* Monitor and resolve problems with distribution/delivery of products.
* Support customers with ongoing sales service in sales analysis, inventory control, promotions.
* Promote new products/product lines.
* Manage administrative aspects and timely reporting for all territory management areas, including: Expense Management (travel and samples), paperwork, forecasts, gap plans, upside opportunities, and other requests from leadership.
* Schedule product testing and application demonstrations.
* Keep distributors motivated and informed about product and keeping sales personnel focused on technical services as important value-added service when selling.
* Create and present a value based method of communication with distribution and end users.
* Solve end-user problems through troubleshooting, minor repairs, alignment and calibration of equipment, as well as product performance and trial tests in order to achieve optimum product performance.
* Keep updated on industry by reading trade literature, attending trade shows and seminars.
* Keep updated on new materials, machines, and sawing technology.
* Identify end-user application to provide most cost effective product recommendation that will improve customer's economic efficiency as it pertains to their sawing operation.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* This position involves approximately 50% travel within territory.
* Limited additional travel (outside of territory) may be required for training, customer support, and company-wide meetings.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors/Associate Degree in a related field, or 5-7 years of equivalent trade experience in a shop environment
* 2-5 Years of direct sales experience in industrial sales is strongly preferred
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
* Technical and mechanical ability to work with tools and machines
* Proficiency with Salesforce.com or other CRM is preferred
* Demonstrated time management skills, ability to set priorities is required
* Must have excellent telephone, written correspondence, and presentation skills
* Knowledge of hydraulic, electric, pneumatic and mechanical systems is preferable
* Must be able to develop and present programs to both customers and sales organization
* Excellent interpersonal skills and motivation
* Fluency in Spanish is desired
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.