CAD Drafter at Tecta America
Posted in Other 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Mankato, Minnesota
Since 1906, Schwickert's Tecta America has been serving commercial building owners and residential homeowners across the Midwest. With locations in Mankato, Minneapolis, Rochester, MN, and Lawrence, KS, Schwickert's provides integrated products and services to the upper Midwest region in the areas of Roofing, Architectural Sheet Metal, Mechanical Plumbing & Piping, Mechanical Heating/Ventilation/Air Conditioning/Refrigeration, and Electrical.
Schwickert's Tecta America currently has an opening for a CAD Drafter. This position will be based out of our Mankato, MN office but will provide service to all locations. Starting pay will be based upon the candidate's experience and qualifications.
Schwickert's offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, paid time off, paid holidays, etc.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please email your resume and salary expectation by replying to this posting.
Provide CAD support to project engineers and project managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for creating and/or updating plumbing, piping, HVAC, roofing, and architectural metals drawings for construction, inspection, and As Built records utilizing the programs listed above.
* Interact with engineers and project managers in determining and clarifying their CAD or other support needs.
* Take direction from one line diagrams, sketches, and verbal direction to create the necessary 2D and 3D drawings.
* Analyze 3D point cloud data to obtain field dimensions.
* Identify and interpret the potential impact of architectural and structural limitations indicated on those plans in routing the mechanical and HVAC equipment.
* Develop and assemble Operation and Maintenance manuals in accordance with our current procedures.
* Download and print construction drawings and specifications from websites or ftp sites for different departments as requested.
* Organize storage of both paper and digital drawing files to allow efficient access.
* Scan existing drawings and output to paper or digital as requested.
* Other tasks as assigned.