Salesforce Architect at Unisys Federal
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Summary / DescriptionWe are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Salesforce Architect to join our team in Baltimore, MD to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The Salesforce Architect will have experience overseeing the design and implementation of Salesforce features and functionality. Demonstrates knowledge of the platform’s out-of-the-box capabilities and ability to design solutions to take advantage of those capabilities. Must have the ability to understand the big picture of CMMI solution needs and align the Salesforce platform with those needs. Personnel must hold one of the Salesforce vendor’s architecture certifications (e.g., Certified Technical Architect, Certified Application Architect, Certified Systems Architect, Certified Integration Architecture Designer).
Business Development and Client Facing Responsibilities:
Fills an architect functional role with portfolio related technology specialization to build quality infrastructure solutions that meet the requirements and advises clients on Unisys Solution offerings, strategy, designs, specific technologies, implementation approaches and alternatives / tradeoffs.
* Identifies opportunities for follow-on business and assists in creating change orders.
* Supports delivery of advisory services, strategic planning activities and business case development within the assigned Unisys portfolio areas and infrastructure disciplines such as application/storage platforms, databases, networks, security and IT processes / operations / governance.
* Supports delivery of Unisys Area of Strength portfolio strategy presentations to clients including features, implementation approach, technical requirements, impacts, and benefits.
* Uses understanding of Unisys Portfolio Resources for new business opportunities. Performs responsibilities including Portfolio solution proposal management, solution design, risk analysis, proposal preparation and client presentations.
* Provides input to technical estimates created with standards tools, portfolio Work Breakdown Structures, statements of work and industry standard estimating techniques.
* Uses portfolio solution knowledge and Portfolio Center resources to support the technical portion of the bid process including design reviews, bid reviews, portfolio component selection, development case definition and system integration approach.
* Analyzes and evaluates client requirements against portfolio offerings and performs build vs. buy analyses.
* Architects a portion of a solution using appropriate portfolio offerings with design elements that allow integration into client environment.
* May refine and optimize infrastructure architectural models and creates architectural prototypes as required.
* Adheres to appropriate SDF processes, architectural artifact requirements and architectural best practices.
* Is responsible for the solution integrity within the assigned solution area for the engagement.
* Coordinates architect resources on small projects to develop the infrastructure architecture.
* Maintains knowledge of technologies, industry trends, standards and design techniques.
Service Delivery Responsibilities:
Fills an architect functional role with portfolio related technology specialization to implement infrastructure solution designs based on Unisys portfolio offerings and interfaces with the client on issues related to the design, implementation, testing and cutover of the solution.
* Works with client stakeholders to evaluate the solution requirements and supports the management and traceability of requirements during the engagement
* Acts as a skilled resource to clients on Portfolio Solution processes, required products, product configuration, solution integration, implementation methodologies, technical implementation approach, technology details, resource requirements and implementation timelines.
* Interfaces to the client’s IT organization on solution implementation progress, technical issues, proper practices and technical requirements.
* Acts as a contact for small to medium client portfolio solution implementations including oversight of engagements within the assigned portfolio area.
* Supports the use of Unisys standard SDF methods, tools and processes for the client engagement
* May develop and refine infrastructure design models using Unisys standard asset discovery and infrastructure modeling tools. Participates in design peer reviews and internal project reviews.
* Works with client technical staff during the requirements definition and implementation to resolve issues
* Assumes accountability for their portion of the infrastructure solution technology components and the successful implementation of their architectural areas. May include hands-on modeling, design, configuration, installation, performance tuning, prototyping and/or other efforts required to keep the project on a successful track.
* Provides input on implementation status and changes to risks, estimates or schedule
* Collaborates with architect peers to efficiently resolve technical issues, improve implementation quality and share high quality information
* May monitor the performance of external service providers or subcontractors
May assign and review tasks, mentor junior architects, manage performance feedback, and create development plans consistent with performing the role of team leader or project manager
RequirementsMinimum of 6 years of relevant IT implementation experience. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experienceSufficient exposure to clients across a variety of technologies, industries and domainsHas an understanding of all Unisys portfolio solutions within the assigned Area of Strength.Has subject-matter expert level understanding of at least one Unisys portfolio solution within the DCTO, AMOS, EUOSS or Security Areas of Strength including supporting products, methods, processes and solution integration to client environment.Understands and consistently uses the portfolio solution materials located in the Portfolio Center including guides, blueprints, work breakdown structures, sales and delivery methods, estimation tools, and proposal template material.Experience in at least one of the following specific technology areas: Server Operating Systems, Database / Information Management, Networks, Security, Desktop Technology, Virtualization (Server, Desktop, and Application), Infrastructure and Device Monitoring, Mobility Solutions and Application Platforms / Application Integration.Strong communications skills with the ability to interface with all levels of internal and client project teams.Proficient in the Unisys Services and Solutions Delivery Framework (SDF) and knowledgeable in process frameworks such as CMMI.Experience with Infrastructure and technology-related areas of the Unisys Solution PortfolioFamiliarity with applicable industry standards and frameworks such as ITIL, CoBIT, ISO, TOGAF and FEAFUnderstands datacenter operations and infrastructure implementation methodologiesImplementation and presales experience in two or more related project roles such as system analyst, implementer, integrator, test analyst, system administrator, tool specialist, team leader and/or architectFamiliar with project management concepts including project scheduling, risk management, estimation (infrastructure estimation / IT Service estimation), Work Breakdown Structures, requirements management / traceability, Change Management, ... To view the rest of this job posting or to apply for this position please click the APPLY NOW button