Lead Help Desk Analyst, Berkeley Law (7559U) #24655 at University of California-Berkeley
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Berkeley, California
Lead Help Desk Analyst, Berkeley Law (7559U) #24655
Return to Previous Page
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world s most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley s culture of openness, freedom and acceptance academic and artistic, political and cultural make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 3/16/2018
UC Berkeley School of Law is one of the nation's great centers for legal education, ever exploring and pushing new intellectual boundaries while tackling urgent, real-world issues. Berkeley Law is also known for its vibrant and engaged community of students and scholars who are committed to providing leadership and making a difference on problems of local, national, and global import.
At Berkeley Law, we are committed to excellence in education and scholarship, as well as equality of opportunity. We believe we have a responsibility to use our substantial intellectual capital to help solve real-world problems and to create a more just society through clinics, research, and policy engagement. We believe that a Berkeley Law degree is a tool for change, both locally and globally, and that we should be educating the leaders of tomorrow. We maintain an environment that nurtures academic and personal growth, respects a diversity of ideas, and stimulates independent thought and critical reasoning.
Involves providing day-to-day consultation, training, instruction, trouble-shooting, problem-solving to the personal computer (including laptop) user for hardware, software, network and related computer systems and peripheral devices. Ensures their operation for individuals and groups of computer users. Installs and configures systems; recommends hardware and software acquisitions and upgrades.
* Gathers, analyzes, reviews, categorizes and oversees ticket assignments for technical support, insuring referral to appropriate level of services.
* Applies business/technical support concepts to perform Tier 3 (highest-level) technical support.
* Identifies and addresses complex usability problems.
* Applies business/technical support concepts to analyze application problems and resolve complex issues that may have strategic impact.
* Provides bridge between customer needs and highly technical applications and application groups (ex: mainframe, network), other IST service providers and third-party vendors.
* Manages projects, may function as a lead within the department.
* Implements and configures administrative settings for business rules on campus.
* Manages larger user content migration across hardware or software environments.
* Analyzes and prepares various levels of internal and external facing documentation used by users and campus-wide.
* Creates, analyzes, summarizes and monitors usage reports.
* Configures and customizes complex applications based on user needs.
* Understands marketplace, trends (locally and in technology in general) relative to user needs to direct campus purchasing decisions.
* Provides strategic input to system redesign or development efforts based on user needs.
* May escalate application problems to development team.
* Develops or escalates training as needed based on consultation with users and understanding of technology, including FAQs, knowledge-based entries, and job aids to assist users electronically.
* Coordinates user acceptance activities.
* May build test scripts.
* Thorough knowledge of desktop and business/technical support systems.
* Strong foundation of knowledge related to other areas of IT.
* Highly developed interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and nontechnical personnel at various levels in the organization.
* Extensive understanding of unit's business processes to provide back up to support staff of unit.
* Expert knowledge developing and managing enterprise deployment of Windows 10, Microsoft Office , OS X, Adobe and other productivity products in an enterprise, networked environment.
* Expert knowledge of help desk ticketing systems (i.e. Footprints, ServiceNow, Zendesk)
* Expert knowledge of GSuite for Education applications.
* Ability to develop, schedule and execute on multiple, simultaneous projects and deadlines.
* Familiarity of UC Berkeley campus computing standards, recommendations and policies, including security standards.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion at all times.
* Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
* Certification in GSuite Administration.
* Certification in Windows Deployment.
* Certification in Powershell.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
Return to Previous Page